do i belong here?

Yasmin

do you think i have ocd problems? i wasn't officially told that i'm diagnosed with it, but my therapist told me i meet the criteria. i'm a male to female transgender. i'm 16, and i also have aspergers disorder. i can't allow myself to think of women or men dressed in clothing of the opposite gender. i feel like i'm ruining my passion by doing it, and the thoughts aren't so bad today, but they've been pretty bad. it seems like if i learn to move off one subject, then i go on to the next, and the next subject is also bothering me. i found that a good way to get my mind off my gender obsession is to think of other things i like. for example, my favorite tv show. the problem is, i feel like i can't allow myself to make predictions for what will happen in the next episode, because i think then i'll have no reason to watch it. i really need help with this. sometimes i don't know who i am, and it's really hard for me to explain every detail. it seems like the unwanted thoughts of predictions make me switch back to the gender thoughts. my therapist had me listen to a guided imagery cd last session, but that doesn't help me. i need to be talking about my problems. by the way, my psychiatrist prescribed me abilify, but it's not doing much.

The place you belong

First of all, Hi. I'm kind of confused by your whole message so I'm not sure what to say. I think yu belong here though, so stay right where you are. WHat do you mean by you are a transgender, but you can't imagine someone who is a crossdresser? Like do you actually feel you are female, but can't imagine being one? or do you mean like you just can't imagine someone else being a transgender or a crossdresser? Sorry, I just get confused real easily. Sorry for all the questions, I hope I am not being bothersome. I also have aspergers by the way.

I personally don't see anything wrong what-so-ever with being a transgender. If that's what you really truely believe, if you truely believe you are a female stuck in a males body, then I can't even imagine the pain you must feel everyday being stuck in the wrong body. Of course you would be obsessed with it, and I don't think that's unnatural. I don't think it's something you should try to hide, if it's just who you are.

In my real life, one of the only people who I ever sometimes talk to and do things with is a transgender. They are a really good family friend and I used to be best friends with their sister. They were a female to male though, and suffered for many years feeling that they were in the wrong body. Everyone though she was always a boy anyways, well "he" now I guess. Now they actually had surgery and are offically a male I guess. He just seems so much happier then before, and I think it's better that way. That's why I think you need to know it's important not just to hide it, but to do what will make you be happy!

Sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for! I'm kind of confused. aahh. Hope I helped, and good luck :).

Yasmin

hi, what i meant was i have unwanted thoughts. i can't imagine other people dressing in the wrong clothes. i can't imagine a female that i admire dressed like a man, and i can't imagine a man dressed like a woman. it's not about myself. it's about my thinking. i am able to imagine myself being female, but i can't have thoughts of people who don't want to be female dressed as them or people who don't want to be males dressed as them

Last edited:

gsmax5

do you think i have ocd problems? i wasn't officially told that i'm diagnosed with it, but my therapist told me i meet the criteria. i'm a male to female transgender. i'm 16, and i also have aspergers disorder. i can't allow myself to think of women or men dressed in clothing of the opposite gender. i feel like i'm ruining my passion by doing it, and the thoughts aren't so bad today, but they've been pretty bad. it seems like if i learn to move off one subject, then i go on to the next, and the next subject is also bothering me. i found that a good way to get my mind off my gender obsession is to think of other things i like. for example, my favorite tv show. the problem is, i feel like i can't allow myself to make predictions for what will happen in the next episode, because i think then i'll have no reason to watch it. i really need help with this. sometimes i don't know who i am, and it's really hard for me to explain every detail. it seems like the unwanted thoughts of predictions make me switch back to the gender thoughts. my therapist had me listen to a guided imagery cd last session, but that doesn't help me. i need to be talking about my problems. by the way, my psychiatrist prescribed me abilify, but it's not doing much.

Hi! I think you belong here, since a lot of members have OCD, which you seem like you could possibly have.

I'm not gay, bisexual, or transgender, but I do admit to occasionally having curious thoughts of those things.

What country do you live in? Did you have any surgical procedures regarding you being transgender, or do you just dress and live the lifestyle of a woman? Sorry, I'm just curious because I didn't know there were transgender people so young. Welcome! :)