Depression is controlling my life..

missjesss

Banned
It's a hard topic to avoid or switch off especially if everyone else you know is dealing with it...perhaps have a chat with your bf and set days where you can have a talk about the depression try and do something that yous both like doing to get ur mind off it and both agree to not speaking of it I know the main things that help to lift me from my depression is the lexapro...I take 6-8 fish oil capsules per day and I don't let those intruding thoughts in or I set a time for my worrying it works :)

bsebring

I can relate. My mom and brother are bipolar and my moms had a mental breakdown a few months ago. It's so a hard when your family is involved with mental illness. Normality becomes blurred until you surround yourself by healthy friendships and people.

missjesss

Banned
bsebring

that must be so hard!! I know a girl with bipolar but only ever seen her when shes up can you tell me what they are like as I am curious to know sometimes I wish I was bipolar rather then stuck in a quiet shell with s.a :-(

bsebring

bsebring

that must be so hard!! I know a girl with bipolar but only ever seen her when shes up can you tell me what they are like as I am curious to know sometimes I wish I was bipolar rather then stuck in a quiet shell with s.a :-(

my brother has manic highs and manic lows. For awhile I thought he was schizophrenic or autistic. He's also a drunk.
My mom is really depressed and is forgetful of a lot of things. it's sad to watch I honestly feel lucky not to be in their situation.

missjesss

Banned
awww :-( im so sorry to hear that I can understand why your brother wud be a drunk I cudnt imagine having to deal with bipolar even our illness sux!

I feel depressed too alot. I'm having mood swings so much. Sometimes i'm feeling good, and 1 hour later.. I feel down, and unhappy, unworthy, and the most bad thing about my depression is, that I blame myself. It's because I don't feel happy with myself, I don't appreciate myself. Other's do, and I'm feeling accepted by them, But I don't know If I could ever find acceptance by myself. Because I cannot like myself, and that makes me feel so insecure.
Just about everything, So it's like controlling me also... :/

But I have my good days or moments, I bet you do too Katie :)
Bhuggs (big hugs) Flowery

Dr. Doom

I agree with finding a day to do somthing together with your boyfriend, in order to get your mind of it. All I do is read comics or play nintendo, It gets my mind of it and I feel happy, or at least Im just really into what I am doing. Maybe you guys could go out to the movies or somthing. Maybe take an art class together if that interests you, pottery? Anyways I hope you do find somthing, I can't imagine what it's like to walk in your shoes.