depression and kind of people

yomisma19

I have been thinking about the depression... why is the depression's duration longer for a kind of people? why is the depression deeper for a kind of people? I think it depends on the personality and the way of face the situation.
In my case, my depressions are very loooong, and this is going deeper.... Why don't I can continue my life? or why don't i try to "stop" the deep of my depression? I am an insecure person and i'm ashamed about myself in some aspects. I don't like when I feel i can't take control of my life, when i feel disoriented. Then when i FEel I'm getting down, I'm afraid, i feel more insecure then i start to go people away. I think: what is the other person thinking about my behavior? ..I think I'm a dumb, asocial, reserved, I don't speak, my mind is too slow.I can't stand with people cause i feel disoriented and think what the others are thinking. or i think i don't want anyone knows how i really am.
I think the people is the main reason I'm getting worse. i think too much about it. ..then i can't go out of my home cause i feel disoriented and ashamed.
I know it is irracional, but it is the way i feel.
any experience?what do you think?

DarkSeeker

I know that for me seeing people talk to one another, or on their cellphone is a trigger for my depression. It doesn't happen instantaneously, but over the span of days. I have about an episode of depression a week that last a day or two, then I eventually get back on my feet and I'm good for another couple of days.

I think that if you can stop a moment, and take some time to allow yourself to feel the full scope of your emotional pain, that feeling of sadness and abandonment, you can actually come to adapt yourself to your state of mind.

During my last episode something amazing happened. Here I was feeling absolutely hopeless and miserable, and I still managed to get myself into working, trying new things and doing exercises, all that even though I felt like staying in bed and doing nothing. It's like I was breathing into the pain, I realized I was the pain. It was like having a lucid dream, I was conscious and focused despite a debilitated state of mind. I didn't get a big kick out of it, but I still had that feeling of excitement somewhere deep inside. You know that feeling you get when writing about something great and deep or when you draw a mind-blowing picture.

Last edited:

yomisma19

I think the best way to face it, is knowing the symptoms, knowing the reasons why it happens..then it would be easier to control, don't you think? If we know more about our problems, we can face them better.and we have more possibilities to beat them...then i'm trying to be instrospective with myself.
thanks for the answer :)

YankeeBob

Length of depression issue.

This is like asking why do some people grieve longer after the death of a parent / child than others do.

We humans are different. The length of time we take to resolve something differs.

Am I correct in understanding that the modern view of depression is:

* Not enough serotonin is being released in the brain.
and
* Not enough endorphins are being released in the body.

and

* Our thoughts contribute to our feelings. As do our behaviours.

Sitting here in front of a pc is not real life. Its a form of isolation. Which is a coping mechanism to deal with the real world.

Just my thoughts on this topic.

Take care. Be well.

Bob