:: Deleted ::

creep_x

start by forgiving urself, everyone makes mistakes, even i did
friendship should be a mutual feeling, its not about one person choosing the other, both persons should choose each other
have a healthy self respect for yourself, & learn to say 'no'
also try to approach the people you admire, dont get intimidated by them

lizzz

I can relate completely. The only nice friends (very few) I've ever had were the result of luck, for example, a work situation neither of us could escape from brought us together.

I've been used by men and used as a wing person/favour person for girls.

I suppose I just don't know how to make someone my friend. I feel like I don't want be too imposing out of fear of rejection. It's probably a hard thing to separate from SA. Even after realising this, I still wouldn't be able to go out and choose friends.

But you make a good point - if you hang around with people who use you will inevitably feel worse about yourself - and end up giving up on people, like I've done.

I can't choose people. I would never choose someone. In order for me to know they that they want to know me I need for them to approach me. But the problem is people don't choose me either, so I have no friends at at all. It makes it hard for me to think that I can ever choose someone to be a friend with when people will never even choose me in the first place. I need to feel exceptance. I don't even know what friends are supposed to do. I honestly wouldn't care if someone just used me for anything, I would be happy for anyone to choose me for anything.

JonnyD

The only nice friends (very few) I've ever had were the result of luck, for example, a work situation neither of us could escape from brought us together.

I never made a friend, i just find people along the way and let them go because i can't keep in touch... my only friends are the school , college and some ex coworkers... but i never talk to them =(

It startles me to realise that I've never, ever consciously thought, "Hey, that person's cool, I'd love to hang out with them." I actually avoid people I admire,

i also avoid people i admire, bur i never thought about choosing people - i always thought it should be automatic - but when one side of the equation is "broken" i think things don't work this way...