Decided to have ETS Surgery

Sprawling

It's great you are happy with your results hyperxtechie. The problem is that severe compensatory sweating might not happen till years later. Two years out is still the "honeymoon" stage. Anyone considering ETS needs to go back and read about the long term results that are 5+ years out and make a decision accordingly. Sometime the short term gain is not worth the long term effects.

Once ETS is done there is no turning back the clock.

k8steroonis

Very glad to hear that everything is going well. It is intended for palmar hyperhydrosis so it is no surprise to me that it has worked. For my case on the other hand, I want to go ahead with ETS because of my severe facial blushing. I have tried so many techniques/medications/CBT to get over this and I just can't seem to kick it because I always "check in" to see how I'm doing and that just reinforces and starts a whole cycle. A quite vicious one, so vicious that I'm fully comfortable and have fully researched going through with the surgery even with the side effects. I think I'm going to have it this December. Somewhere in mid-December. If I do go through with it I will be sure to post my results. Thanks for your feedback though and all the best to you in the future as well!

andytmac1

Hellow, @hyperxtechie. I consulted Dr. Shrager a week ago. Now I'm still hesitated about whether I should have the surgery or not. May I have your email address so I can ask you some questions?

hyperxtechie

My last update on here was 10/3/2012. I'm just checking in and doing what I said I would be doing ever since my first initial post - which was to always keep every one here updated with my results.

I still clearly remember what I went through before I had ETS, and I can still relate to all of you. Which is why I keep coming back, remembering how it was and what I used to feel. Even though it's different now, the memories of the severity of my palmer hyperhidrosis humbles me.

Everything is still pretty much the same since I last posted. My CS hasn't been that bad because it's still been pretty cool in California. Even when it hits the 70's, my CS was very little. Maybe I'll wait until spring or summer to post another update on my CS. It does get pretty bad during the summer time. But all is well for me at the moment and I'm still a happy Post-ETS'er!

hyperxtechie

Thanks Sprawling! Glad to see you're on here and still active on this forum! I'm sure you're helping a lot of HH'ers out! :)

hoplaba

hyperxtechie

So you have no other side effects beside CS ? I've heard people complaining about hearth problems. Because somehow those ganglias are resposible for speeding up the hearth when its needed, and the surgery mess up with their function.

hyperxtechie

I did mention on one of my posts that it seemed to have affect my athletic ability. But I'm really not sure if it was due to the surgery or if it was because I was just getting older. The Dr. did inform me that it would somehow affect your over-all heart rate during exercise. Nowadays, it doesn't seem like an issue any more. He did say though that if you are an athlete, you should NOT get the surgery.

The thing that bothers me the most is the CS, however if you were someone with palmer hyperhidrosis, you would probably accept the sweat moving to somewhere else other than your hands. May or may not, but I was that person who wanted to go away from the hands. And the CS only gets worse in the summer, but I've found products like undershirts and stuff that don't let sweat soak through.

hyperxtechie

So you have no other side effects beside CS ? I've heard people complaining about hearth problems. Because somehow those ganglias are resposible for speeding up the hearth when its needed, and the surgery mess up with their function.

indian007

Hello Chris,

Thank you for such an encouraging words for the surgery. I suffer from Palmar HH and have my surgery scheduled for next week at Stanford with Dr Shrager. Just wanted to see how you are doing and if I need to be concerned with anything. I will greatly appreciate your response. I am pretty nervous currently. I know that you went with the same hospital and doctor. I am really looking forward to your experience and any words of caution. Please help!

Regards,
Gary

SweatyCanuck

I just had ETS just over 2 weeks ago and work in a hot environment so have noticed the CS right away. My back, butt and backs of my legs sweat like crazy which really concerns me - my underwear are drenched when its hot. However, I am able to do my job (and other daily things) much better with dry hands so I guess I'm going to have to deal with it - just hope it doesn't get worse because it is very uncomfortable. I am going to try and drop some weight and see if that helps. Not that I'm real overweight but I have always been fairly fit and have gained a bit of weight over the last year and haven't been able to get to the gym much. I am definitely going to make time because I don't want to deal with a sweaty butt LOL

TxGuy

I had VATS with Dr. Shrager today at Stanford Medical Center. Released without complications about two hours after the procedure.