DEaling with lonliness

Jesushasomeoneforme

I am interested in learning how my fellow social phobia and anxiety friends deal with lonliness. Around the holidays also. Do you have friends. What do you do if they fade away/move. How do you cope?:)

I found coming here to be very helpful. Other than that there's nothing I can do about it right now. Next year I will be doing something different in my life, although, I don't know if that will improve my lonliness or not. Fingers crossed.:)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I do have my online friends, but no one in real life. When my friends are not around, loneliness strikes and I feel very depressed. And during the holidays i feel like shit...

U

userremoved

I can't say I myself have really figured out a way to deal with the feeling of loneliness. I usually find anything I can do to occupy my time, like hobbies or some kinda work. And I avoid the hell out of places that reminds me of my situation, like the movies when people are there on dates or restaurants on the weekends since there might be a lot of couples there. I don't know if that's healthy or not but it helps me during those moments.

iamthenra

I do have my online friends, but no one in real life. When my friends are not around, loneliness strikes and I feel very depressed. And during the holidays i feel like shit...

Yep me too... Except online friends don't really cheer me up, because what I want and need is someone to physically wrap their arms around me... I think I need a girl friend, that would replace any anti-depressant any day.