Damn Tom Cruise Syndrom.

maggie

crazyfairyx said:
nerdgirl178 said:
You are all diseased. Get a frickin' life people!!! Get up off your ass, stop fearing and quit being lazy!

I'm not sure if you're serious or taking the p*ss outta tom cruise?? :?
crazyfairyx.....i wonder same thing

Warlock

Thats part of the religion of scientology. Its a belief, and not only is there nothing but belief backing it, but its a disproven belief because it has been proven that medication helps people (and its also common sense). Its irrational to believe that.

romeno82

hi to all:
i completely agree with tom cruise. think of when you have a fever in winter. your body is healing you! the same way with psichic problems. Do like with fever: accept the problem, take it seriosli, DONT CONDEMN IT, and let the body heal them. Sure not in 1 day. but give your body time to heal you. i experienced it for myself. nightmares, dreams, bad mood is all taught for the good of you. crying. why cant you just cry about your SA. your SA would get alot better.
believe it or not!

why are you so angry at tom cruise? if he is saying a load of crap stay with modern medicine, which has high success rate in healing mental problem. or not?? (besides i call them spiritual problems)

i dont wanna sound too hard with our western medicine. but so little is known about body-mind. BUT in one thing im so sure, your body is working for you. sure sometimes some drug can have some benefits, a psichiatrist can optimize your functioning, but thats just for supporting the NATURAL HEALING PROCESS!

for me thats just so obvious

nedkelly

If we let the body try to heal itself naturally with many illnesses, we would be back in the dark ages, with a life span of 30 years.
Sure some people may be better off without medication, and it may make some worse, and we do not know of the long term effects on us, but at least some people will have improved quality of life. And that's what it is all about.
As for Tom Cruise. As they say, if you have nothing nice to say at all....lol.

Snowcrash

romeno82 said:
think of when you have a fever in winter. your body is healing you!

True, but sometimes your body needs help. Sure a fever is helping to help you kill off an infection, but if the infection is bad enough your body can over do it, your fever goes too high and you can end up with seizures, brain damage or death.

romeno82 said:
i experienced it for myself. nightmares, dreams, bad mood is all taught for the good of you. crying. why cant you just cry about your SA. your SA would get alot better.
believe it or not!

What I think I believe is that maybe you are talking about is something a bit less deeply rooted than what a lot of people on this site are trying to deal with. I don't think many people on this site are looking for medication to fix a "bad mood". I don't think a good cry would do anything for my SA. Actually, that statement of yours makes me wonder if you understand what SA means.

romeno82 said:
BUT in one thing im so sure, your body is working for you.

That isn't aways true either. There are a whole range of autoimmune diseases where your immune system basically attacks your own body. I'm not saying that has anything to do directly with SA, but like you said, we know so little about the mind-body system, how do you know that your body is aways doing what is best for you? Isn't it possible that individuals can end up with some sort of malfunction in this system which causes the mind to create a harmful set of circumstances for the body? Maybe extreme anxiety for no rational reason?

So my point here is that different things are going to improve different peoples' quality of life. I think Cruise is irresponsible for basically denying that possibility.

romeno82

hi snowcrash,

the point i would say is that the body is the main healer, and you can support it with medicine.

i have done alot of experience in dealing with me SA and i think i am a psichiatrist for myself now. i have also alot of experience in energy medicine. and i learned alot about how body works in terms of energy. energetically, crying is eliminating negative energy. well you are right. eliminating SA not, but it would help.

BUT in one thing im so sure, your body is working for you.

That isn't aways true either. There are a whole range of autoimmune diseases where your immune system basically attacks your own body. I'm not saying that has anything to do directly with SA, but like you said, we know so little about the mind-body system, how do you know that your body is aways doing what is best for you? Isn't it possible that individuals can end up with some sort of malfunction in this system which causes the mind to create a harmful set of circumstances for the body? Maybe extreme anxiety for no rational reason?

i completely agree with you. of course there is a malfunctioning. something is wrong in our programming. conscious and inconscious mind are not allineated togheter. thats what i mean. the way psichiatry understands the problem is correct. but the way they try to heal the problem is miserable wrong. the only thing you need to do is: allineate your conscious mind with the problem. and thats done with acceptance. after you accepted SA without condemning it your body can begin to heal. Here´s the paradox. Let SA manifest in yourself without shame and without fighting it. if it hurts too much cry. hell, what are doing infants. they cry for everthing!! cry for your SA symptoms, why not?