Cynical view on faithfulness in relationships

recluse

Am i too cynical in thinking that everyone will/think about cheating on their partners? For example it came to light that John Major had an affair with Edwina Currey a few years ago...He seemed to be the least likely person, it's also in the news now about the US politician who hired prostitutes despite being married. I don't know if i am overly cynical but that's all i hear about everywhere. If i had a girlfriend who cheated on me i would be devestated.

miss_amy

I often think its really sad that no one seems to be faithful to their partners anymore. It's everywhere isn't it, on TV, news like you say. Cheating seems to be the normal thing these days.

Though I can honestly say that I have never cheated and never would cheat on my husband. I am 100% positive that he would not cheat on me either and am very comfortable in my relationship.

I guess you just have to be with the right person. I have found the right person after a being treated badly. My ex was very bad and treated me awfully. He broke my cheek bone, my foot and 3 ribs. I feel stronger person now and would not put up with that treatment. I think a big part of finding the right person is not allowing people to walk over you which I think I did before.