Curing of SA

ridicule

I've noticed a change in my behavior for the past 1 1/2 month or so. I applied to this place and it was the first place on my eventually applying to 5 different places, and it really wigged me out, stuttering, stammering, nervous, all of that. Just now, I went back to apply again and I practically skipped in there and inquired to a guy who didn't look too happy. But I didn't care and that's the key.

I think I learned something. We give people we'll see once so much power.

Our anxiety comes off of the fundamental impression that people might detect our "problem" even though if we didn't worry about the problem, it wouldn't exist, it's a vicious circle. We allow people we'll never see again to wield enormous power of judgment over us. If you're having fun and someone sees you having fun who isn't having any fun, you'll look like a fool, always. You have to determine to yourself that it doesn't matter, what are they going to do, act like an ass and tell you stop having fun or doing whatever you're doing?

Anyway, I may be working from a flawed premise, but that's where mine was and I think I'm over it now. Fundamentally, just stop caring about people's opinion who you'll never see again. And this is coming from a guy who lives in a town of 2,000.