Cult Status

Yossarian

This idea of a cult has been preying (it is a cult) on my mind. After reading up on the Join-Me collective I think we could use it as a kind of light hearted support group. Also I've thought of a name : The House of SAD :lol: ...It amuses me but the name's still open for debate.

Plus there was talk of a symbol which SPs can wear which we could use as our cult's logo maybe. I like the idea of using some kind of spiral. As well as being cool it represents the spiral of ever worsening fear, loneliness and avoidance we go through but also the spiral of recovery as things get gradually better. Again this is still open.

We would need a purpose. Most cults seem to involve mass suicide while the leader runs off with their money but I was thinking of something more positive. Join-Me carry out Random Acts of Kindness, so I was thinking we could try to do things that scare us. This could involve anything from small personal things to something we all have to do. An example could be at a certain time on a certain day we might all go for a walk on our own for 30 mins, then we could talk about what happened good or bad.

If someone couldn't do a 'mission' then that's o.k. because we all understand. Maybe next time, or the time after that, or the time after that... :wink: It would just be a way of having fun with our condition while supporting each other and challenging our fears together.

These are just a few thoughts to start with. Maybe one day we could have our own web-site and chat room etc? Please tell me what you think, share your ideas etc. I know it started as a joke but maybe there's some mileage in this. Besides how cool would it be to tell others we're in a cult?
:D

Hope everone had a good day and best of luck!

Yossarian

What scares you? The idea of a cult? moving too fast? what if others did loads and made me look bad? what if I couldn't measure up? etc

Flax

I'm down for being in a social anxiety cult, but only if we get to wear cloaks and worship evil deities. :twisted:

LilMissTragic

Hey, worship me..the Red banner goddess.....lol....ok ok,maybe not!

oh and yoss, come to yahoo, go on, i'll be ya bestestest buddy in the whole wide world!

Acme

I don't know - I've been in a cult before and it sucked. But all the best to ya :)

Damn Sabbath, you've been around here a long time. Guess you've seen a lot of people come and go through this revolving door of SPW.com over the years. And years. And years. :)::(:

sabbath

Banned
Damn Sabbath, you've been around here a long time. Guess you've seen a lot of people come and go through this revolving door of SPW.com over the years. And years. And years. :)::(:

yeah acme, lots of people have come and gone, every now and then there was a member with wise posts, but they seem to move on quickly

I've always tried to get people to chat, but until the chatbox showed up, it was almost impossible