Could our Sp be an evil Spirit?

There was an episode of Charmed where Prue was posessed by a Darklighter and he kept telling her she was a failure. But I don't really believe in such things.

Mary

Hi jinxed, just wanted to say that the bible does not say it is wrong to drive out evil spirits, on the contrary. Jesus said how can satan cast out satan?A kingdom divided against itself can not stand." when some people accused him of driving out demons by the authority of the devil.
Jesus drove them out because He is the son of God and through the power of God. Those who put their trust in Jesus can also do so, through the power and authority of His name. All we must do is believe and put our trust in Him.

WhiskeyJack

Interesting thread.....

I was just thinking that it it was true and some demon was in me, then i would have to feel sorry for the poor guy. Sure, he has done his evil work very effectivly and helped slow down my life but, in fairness, it must have gotten boring for him after a few months!!!

You would have to ask why a spirit/demon/entity would use all that time on one of of us.....surely there are bigger targets out there.

lily

LA-girl said:
Just because I didn't waltz around with a banana sized grin on my cheery face acting like a serial hugger before, after and during church services wearing hawaiian shirts or pink "I love Jesus" tshirts and backstabbing other church members over weak powdered juice and scones whilst humming Hillsongs tunes DOES NOT mean I'm possesed.

Agree!! It just mean that you're not fake, like maybe most of the other church-members...? :roll:

in summary... christian churches are full of absolute shit, not the fresh warm organic things you find on farms but dry white 2000 year old crap ground to dust so it can be spoonfed to the gullible.

I agree that there are a lot of hypocrites out there within the christian churches, that is why i try to focus on Gods people in the Bible (Abraham, Joseph, Moses and of course Jesus) and not the majority of the leaders and people of the christian churches. There are of course exceptions, thank God!
It's true, at church they could be only trying to imitate God but are fake or hypocrites.

thanks Mary, I was talking about the part in the bible that tells us witchcraft is against God and I was told it includes rituals.

Mary

Hi Spearmint, I just wanted to say I understand what you mean when you say you are an atheist but still think evil spirits may exist. I did too before becoming a Christian. I had so much evil in my life that I had no doubt that evil was real, I had seen it, and felt it. My father when he would "go crazy" as I call it and hit me, would have a very ugly look in his eyes, a look that terrified me because I knew in that moment he was capable of anything, even murder. I knew on some level that it wasn't really him, it was something IN him, controlling him to some extent. What I was unsure about was if God was real because I had felt more evil than good. I knew people at my church said they had an experience with God and had felt His love and were transformed by it, but I had not. So one day I was really fed up and cried out and asked God to show me He was real, to show me His love that everyone talked about. I told Him I was tired of all the evil and I wanted to know His goodness. About a week later God revealed Himself to me. I was at the altar and the pastor prayed for me and it was like suddenly God was before me and nothing and no one else mattered. I could feel this Great unconditional love envelop me completely and all I could do was cry in shame. I knew in that moment God was real and I would never doubt Him again. I didn't see Him with my eyes but it was like my spirit saw Him, when that happens, you just know it is Him. He created us and when you are before Him, you just know it, you recognize Him. It's like coming home. It is a truth greater than anything you will ever know, and a truth no one can take from you. I didn't do anything special for this experience, I just asked from my heart and at a point of desperation. And God answered, not right away but He answered. God won't allways give us what we want but He gives what we need.
I would also just like to say that the night I had my baby and had the complication's, my mom, who was at work said she felt very strongly in her spirit that there was a spirit of death coming against me and the baby, (she didn't know I was allready in labor yet) so she started praying against the spirit of death and rebuking the devil, telling him he had no power over me or the baby, because we belong to Jesus and are covered by the blood of the lamb. When the baby almost died I felt this ice cold fear come over me, stronger than the Sp fear. It was horrible, it was like a physical presence. Then later when I had some hemorraging and felt like I was going to pass out, I felt that fear again. It was a fear of death. I am not afraid of where I will go when I die but I was afraid to leave my baby and husband, I didn't want to go yet. Then in the weeks that followed I would get this fear on and off and my hands and feet would go numb. At first I thought it was physical and had bloodwork done but there was nothing wrong physically. I realized that it was a spirit, the spirit of the fear of death. So I started quoting scripture out loud and praying against it. I stood on the word of God and in my relationship with Jesus. I quoted that scripture that said, "Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world." In other words greater is God than the devil. And since I have been fighting back, I haven't felt the fear or the numbness anymore.
But I know you have to have a relationship with Jesus first in order for this to work, you must belong to Him. In the bible there is a story about some men who had heard that Jesus's disciples could cast out spirits in His name so they thought they could do it too. They tried and said, "in the name of Jesus come out" but the spirit laughed at them and said, " we know who Jesus is, and who his disciples are, but who are you?" then the spirit(s) proceeded to beat them up and left them naked. There is power in the name of Jesus but you must be IN Jesus in order to use it.. The power for us to use His name comes from belonging to Him. "The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe." Prov.18:10 If He has not given you the power then you don't have it. Once you give yourself to Him, He can protect you. It is like you have crossed the gates of the castle and are under His protection now, and the spirits know it. "IF you make the Most High your dwelling-even the Lord, who is my refuge-THEN no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent." Psalm 91:9, 10.
It is as simple as asking Him. Of coming to a place of repentance and brokenness before God. God cannot be decieved, He see's our hearts. "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18 "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!" Mark 6:12 It is my prayer that you and everyone who reads this will. If we are ever going to change it Has to be God who will do it. "Apart from Him we can do nothing."

Mary

Dear Spearmint, I am sorry you feel that way. God has been the best thing ever to happen to my life and His presence has helped me to deal and get past issues I could never have done on my own. Of course I wish everyone had this relationship with our creator too but each of us must make that choice or choose to reject Him on our own.
But you are right that evil does exist. Its in the world and in us as well. That is why Jesus had to die for us on the cross. We could never be good enough on our own and we could never pay the penalty for our sins on our own.
As to your last comment, all I have to say is, I pray God helps you to get past your obvious anger to find peace. May God bless you and help you. :)