Coping with anxiety journal

Samfce

I decided to make a blog that is mainly about me coping with anxiety at school. I made this to organize my thoughts and plots (lol that rhymed) to overcome my social anxiety. Right now I'm actively trying to weaken my extreme social anxiety as soon as I can before I'm on my own, about five years from now....I hope I enjoy this while it lasts :)
Currently methods I'm using are:
*Being a gentleman (opening doors for people for example, I love the thank you's I get!)
*Exercising-My friends pick on me because I'm just a tall, thin stick that is too gentle to stand up for itself.
*Writing my experiences-I WILL improve and I want to look back and reflect how I have changed, also helps me to organize my thoughts.
*Taking risks to socialize-This is the hardest thing to do! It helps just to talk to people who normally sit by me.

Okay, feel free to comment, question, or support me on here!
See ya'll tomorrow!

Samfce

So today there isn't much to improve on because it's the weekend, therefor now school. I impressed my family by beating my record of 5 pull ups :D, but I don't think I'll ever beat 11 pull ups. I finally achieved being able to do a clapping push up, it's where you do a push up, but whenever you go up you have to clap your hands and land, it is really hard (There's probably some more "official" name for it somewhere. I'm really starting to like this exercise stuff, it might be my new hobby, which is weird because I'm really lazy. I like this feeling of accomplishment!, just what I need to boost my confidence.
One final note, I read about this program that was to help get over social and approach anxiety, it had some good ideas, but I prefer to do things at my own pace. This weeks goal is to either make a new acquaintance or even better, a friend, OR keep a conversation going longer than my normal few second awkward ones.
I can't wait for Monday to try this out! I don't think anybody has been this excited over a Monday...

Lavinialuna

Sounds like you're doing good. I have been planking and I have been shocked at how much straighter my posture is! I have only been able to make it to 95 seconds in the past 2 months or so, much slower than most, but I have lupus and have had kids so my body is further gone than most! I am just proud to have come this far!
Hope you continue with it, and be sure to tell us your experiences on Monday :)

Samfce

Not much happened today, it went by really fast. Today we had a state test over U.S History and I think I aced it. I was very confident this weekend, then I went back to reality and realized this isn't something you can just say "I'm going to end this once and for all!" and BAM everything goes well. Today I made more conversation then usually, which is a plus, and I almost was able to get past that imaginary wall that keeps me from socializing. All grass and trees are getting their true beauty out now, I haven't seen Oklahoma so green since elementary school! Tomorrow I have to get in front of the entire class (20 people) and present a brochure me and my partner made on Venus, not my thing, I just hope I don't embarrass myself. I'm a great public speaker even though I have issues with worrying what everyone is thinking about me or how my face shows obvious signs of nervousness.
I'll try to make more progress tomorrow, I'll also bring my ring (a Lord of the Rings replica that I cherish with my life) that helps comfort me for some strange reason..

So today there isn't much to improve on because it's the weekend, therefor now school. I impressed my family by beating my record of 5 pull ups :D, but I don't think I'll ever beat 11 pull ups. I finally achieved being able to do a clapping push up, it's where you do a push up, but whenever you go up you have to clap your hands and land, it is really hard (There's probably some more "official" name for it somewhere.

That's really cool. Just don't get distracted while doing clap pushups, nose meeting floor hurts! If you want, you could also try triangle pushups and one arm pushups. They hit different muscles in your arms and chest. Just make sure to warm up first so you don't injure yourself. :thumbup:

Samfce

To day was a great day! till just now...Today at school I found out that if I imagined everybody friendly or my friends, it made it a lot easier to socialize! So here's the bad part. Today I went to piano lessons and to my horror, I had to walk back home because my parents were busy. The walk home is a little bit over a mile away, but the catch is the whole way back is right beside a busy street...so as I was sweating, panicking, and my mind thinking of everybody in the cars nearby's thoughts as they saw me. It was terrifying and when I went to cross the street, the red light turned green and I luckily stopped immediately and turned around to press the button that let's you cross the street. Well that just bombarded my head about how stupid I looked in front of everybody and they probably laughed at me and I about cried afterwards. My parents don't understand why I avoid being in public and talking to people. You know what they do? They drag me to the school dance, church events, and activities, giving me a confused face why avoid these things.
Hopefully tomorrow I don't embarrass myself again :/