Condescension/arrogance

I've recently had to deal with a very condescending person who, in every conversation, has to prove he's smarter than you and that you are just not enlightened enough to "get it" if you disagree with him. Example: when i said i didn't like my meal at a restaurant that he LOVES, he says "you just don't like good food". Yeah, that must be it.

Who's the most condescending, arrogant person you've had to deal with?

twiggle

Gosh, I can't think of anyone in particular, usually I try and avoid from seeing such people on a regular basis. My friend's abusive bf is a bit like this... talks over you whenever you speak so that he can say stuff about himself, makes derogatory remarks about other peoples' lone travel experiences in developing countries because it doesn't compare to how brave he was to go to America without his mum...:rolleyes:
Aside from him I can't think of anybody else right now. They're usually either massively insecure, or deluded into thinking they're wonderful. I wouldn't worry.

Rembrandt Broam

Gosh, I can't think of anyone in particular, usually I try and avoid from seeing such people on a regular basis. My friend's abusive bf is a bit like this... talks over you whenever you speak so that he can say stuff about himself, makes derogatory remarks about other peoples' lone travel experiences in developing countries because it doesn't compare to how brave he was to go to America without his mum...:rolleyes:

Well clearly you're dealing with an old school gentleman adventurer there. :D

(I bet his mum ironed all his clothes and packed them for him though. ;))

Kat

Yeah, there are defiantly some arrogant people. I have encountered people that complain about certain people and you assume they would do better themselves because they are complaining and obviously think they are better or would do better and don’t.

And people that will cut you off or talk over you and basically make any of your attempts at being nice towards them insignificant because they feel above it all.

I try to avoid most people in general but I have definitely encountered some people like that it seems you either have to avoid them or give them a taste of their own medicine avoidance seems to be the best way.