Complete Recovery from SP-Heixi Therapy(4)-feedback

Jacky1980

I just got a reply from anther forum where I have post the same thread, hope this friend's experience can help you to understand my article.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Jacky,

I must have missed your thread when it was first posted, so have only just read it today. To be honest, I know virtually nothing of the origins of the philosophies you mention, but despite that, much of what you have put forward there is very similar to stuff I've written on the site myself over the last few years, albeit not so condenced and precise as what you have stated in your post.

I agree with you. I put this very same philosopy into practice to beat what was a lifelong and truly crippling severe facial blushing problem. I used basic CBT to change my attitude to the blushing, in so much as I learned to see the blush differently than I did before.

I went from being on the list for ETS surgery to erradicate blushing, and that is an operation with all sorts of possible risks, to actually beating blushing on my own, and without surgery at all. I did it through acceptance of the blush as an exaggeration of what is essentially normal. The exaggeration came from my fear of the blush. My fear fed the anxiety and fed the blushing. As soon as I accepted it and let it happen without fear was the day it stopped being a problem. When I didn't fear it anymore, it lost it's power over me. If I blush I just ride it out and let it go. I don't feed it with fear so it is shortlived or fails to appear at all. The very same approach can be used on social anxiety itself, with great result. I am having such results myself today through the very same approach.

Feed the monster and it grows. The SA monster is fed on fear. Take away it's food and it grows weaker.

Erradicating all anxiety is impossible, simply because anxiety is natural and part of the mechanism that protects us and keeps us alive. I used to make the mistake of thinking that beating SA meant erradication of all anxiety, but it is not the case at all. If I felt any anxiety at all I felt my efforts were a failure, but of course they were not. Beating SA is in the acceptance of normal levels of anxiety, not in repelling it with the aim of the erradication of it so we become biological robots. Acceptance of anxiety strips away the fear of it, and if we don't fear it we don't build it up into irrational proportions that take over our lives. This takes time to get right, but it is achievable. This is how we reach the point of feeling the fear ... but doing it anyway. We are then accepting that anxiety may be present, but we are prepared to work through it. Working through it proves that it can't actually harm us, so the fear reduces accordingly over time.

All in all this backs up what we say as counsellors - That we have all the resources within us to change ourselves if change is what we desire. Counselling can be helpful in assisting a person realise that they do actually have the inner resources to deal with their issues. I stumbled across the approach you mention through doing CBT on myself and through my own observations of life. When I had personal counselling it also helped me access my own resource pool. Doing so helped me adopt the approach you put forward, and my results over the past 4 years have vastly eclipsed those of the previous 40 years put together.

I often say on the site that when SA we sort of have a certain mindset. I just call it the SA mindset. We often spend a lot of time and energy justifying and backing up that mindset. Yet in order to beat SA we have to dismantle it and not give it too much credibility. It's the same with the symptoms. We have to stop throwing petrol on the fire in order to try to extinguish it, because all it does is fuel it further.

pinkputter

hey Jacky! That is a wonderful description of how to illiminate anxiety and eventually completely recover!!!

Your little note at the bottom said you believe Oriental Philosophy therapy is the way to recovery?

Can you explain what that is / is there another post that has info on that?

jayo

Hi Jacky

You mentioned counsellors in the we - are you a counsellor now?

Did you find CBT to be helpful?

Jayo

Jacky1980

Hi, pinkputter,
you can read my post here "the critical factor in the recovery of social phobia" and "the critical factor in the recovery of social phobia -practise". any question, hope you can learn sth from it.

Hi, jayo,
In my view, CBT can only temporarily reduce your symptom, but it can be used as an assiting therapy in the Heixi Therapy, which you can know more in my threads mentioned above.

signs05

In my view, CBT can only temporarily reduce your symptom

Do you have any statistics to show that CBT is only a temporary solution? CBT has over and over been proven to be the most long termed solution for anxiety disorders such as social phobia.

Jacky1980

Hi, signs05

Sorry I cannot provide any statistics to show that CBT can only be taken as an assisting approach and it can only reduce the symptom temporarily because it is a relatively new viewpoint, I am the living proof, furthermore, I have seen many people in my country who have gone through CBT therapy for years but still been trapped in the abyss of Social Phobia and other neurosis. It can be proven by the Oriental Philosophy Theory (like Buddhism and Taoism), I will gradually try to demonstrate that later in my posts. I believe time will naturally proove that. For example, for thousands of years, man was thinking that the earth we are living in is quare, not until hundreds of years ago did man realize actually it is round.

let me put it another way, Social Phobia can be taken as a sort of inveterate bad habit, inveterate bad ways of thinking, so it is a habit, habit-change cannot be done only by cognition-change. for example(the example is not very accurate, but it can give you some ideas.) you want to quit smoking, even if you konw how bad it is for your health, even if you know the nickname of the cigarette is "cancer stick" or "coffin nail", you still cannot help smoking when you see the cigarette, why? Conditional Reflex, Social Phobia is also a kind of Conditional Reflex, therefore, only CBT cannot completely cure it, but anyway, CBT is a important therapy in psychological field, it has an irreplacable position in an comprehensive treatment system.

BTW, if all of you are interested, please read my article series all together, I wish it may help you.

here is the link of other article in this series:

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt11982.html

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt12364.html

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt12118.html

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt12658.html

Jacky1980

"Heixi Therapy Counseling Post" is stickied, please state there your symptom and problem. The chief counselor in our counseling center will try to help you out.

pete66

Jacky,

With all do respect,
Why dont you direct people to your own forum, and if you dont have
one create one and direct them to it...

Instead of monopolizing the forum threads with your "Heixi" stuff.

Listen
I dont have anything agaainst you or your therapy,
but wouldnt it make more sense to have the chief counselor
of Heixi help people about heixy, in an heixy forum?
...where people interested in the subject would go there?

Or at the very least keep it as a single thread where people
can go and follow all your articles and reply to.

I dont appreciate all the Heixi files flooding my screen and preventing
me from seeing all the other recent posts made by others.

I hope you understand.

Pete