Come to Chatbox!!!

TheLostCause

They put money first. This site is just for people to make money from other peoples insecurities. Some people probably find those rubbish adverts more offensive than 'bad language'.

Danfalc

Banned
They put money first. This site is just for people to make money from other peoples insecurities.

Who puts money first,its already been explained that the mods had nothing to do with the removal of chat box.We did warn people about the use of vulgar language,but some people decided to carry on anyway,so the webmaster removed it.

You can always complain to the webmaster but I dont think your statement its very fair.We dont get charged to use this site..and it provides us with a safe place to talk and free support.Advertising is maybe the only way the webmaster can afford to keep this site going.

mrb

dunno why but i dont go on there anymore ... just post and thread these days ..

yes, chatbox was much better on the main page, but i actually prefer it to the one on one messenger which for some reason is reeeeeally slow for me...i joined another similar site with better chat features in the past, but it's the people who are HERE that i enjoy chatting with.

i could probably just build a site for us so that we could have flash-based chatrooms...i'll post the link here if i can get something together, shouldn't take too long.

TheLostCause

Who puts money first,its already been explained that the mods had nothing to do with the removal of chat box.We did warn people about the use of vulgar language,but some people decided to carry on anyway,so the webmaster removed it.

You can always complain to the webmaster but I dont think your statement its very fair.We dont get charged to use this site..and it provides us with a safe place to talk and free support.Advertising is maybe the only way the webmaster can afford to keep this site going.

I apologise if you thought i was referring to you and your fellow moderators, as i wasn't. I'm sure you all do a great job, and are a credit to those who post. I was actually referring to the take out merchants who own the site. The ones who don't want people on here to be an embarrassment for advertisers. The same ignorant advertisers who think that years of fears, problems in life or phobias, can be cured in a few 'easy steps', a book or a couple of pills that they could of course supply. It wouldn't suprise me if the site was owned by people who are trying to sell these products to an unsuspecting audience.

I don't set out to have a go at anyone, and i'm not. I do believe in freedom of speech. I think if people were using certain language that others found inappropriate, then that person could have been given a warning. I find it spineless that the chatbox would be re-routed to insignificance because some take out merchant wanted to appease advertisers before the people who make this site what it is, and that's the people who post on it.

Danfalc

Banned
I apologise if you thought i was referring to you and your fellow moderators, as i wasn't. I'm sure you all do a great job, and are a credit to those who post.

I wasnt sure if you were refering to us but I just wanted to clarify again for everyones benefit,that the mods had no input about the chatbox going sadly.But thank you for clearing that up and your kind words.

In the webmasters defence though,I dont think web site hosting is free.we all get a supportive safe site to use,we dont get charged for it,he has to support his expenses somehow,if it wasnt for the webmaster we wouldnt have this site at all.Though I guess I see what your getting at.But also there has been various issues with the chat box over the years which I cant really get into.But I dont think it was quite as simple as it seems.

mrb

Remus, this site is filled with people with low self esteem and bottled up emotions. Telling them to keep it clean is like telling the Hulk not to smash those good chinas. :)

oh man i laughed my head off at that :D:D:D

I visit now and again, always close to empty.

/edit;; oops i was thinking of the other chat, im not a fan of chatbox :p