College/university tough

CHAKRAPOINT

im currently only studying at a university because my parents want me to.there are only 3 uni's in my country.two are huge so i chose the third one which is very small with less people but is still packed .i feel no motivation to study and am lagging behind.each semester i fail at least 1 subject and have to be at school for even longer amountsd of time which is tough if you have no one really to talk to.my dad is one of the heads and he tells the staff about my life which sucks because in such a small environment everyone is just watching me knowing my condition and my dad thinks i dont know that he told them.i feel like dropping out.
also i like to be anonymous so now people i know who live in my street and whose parents know my parents are attending the uni i go to which sucks cause now they may start telling people about me just staying at home all day

Zagreus

Please try to be aware that what is threatening for you is not the possibility that people know about your condition, but what's resulting from the importance you're allowing to it, which is merely comforting your reclusiveness in its own twisted way. Just typical SA, you know.
So you feel like dropping out just to escape some folks' alleged stares, but what is there going to be afterwards ? Do you really enjoy your solitude at home, deep down ? If you don't, how are you going to escape from it this time, when it becomes unbearable ?

Joeh

University, I'm envious. I am unable to attend such a places as being the oldest son I cant quit my job as it would financially burden my parents & brothers. Though it may be hard I think you should try to put your best effort, long-term it will allow you to find a good job make good money, your parents are only thinking of your future.

Your parents are probably paying for this you wouldn't want to waste there money and disappoint them. I don't mean to scold you but, I think your just being lazy, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands which you could spend studying.

For me university and such higher education is a only a dream, that wont ever happen. Writing this sentence has made me sad, the reality of it is harsh so don't waste such an education. Good luck, I hope you succeed.

Hottie

I understand having SA anxiety thrughout college is REALLY tough. And for those people who know about it...sod them! They wont be thinking about you all the time - the only peoson thats thinks like that is you. People have so much going on in their own lives that are not really bothered by yours. So you dont feel ashamed of SA.

But hey, think positive. You are attending college and thats what really matters, You will get your qualifications and be outtie! When college is over...thats it its over. The teachers and students you used to see everyday wont matter anymore.

So what i say is TRY to think positive and where your at now is just for now...time ticks, the present changes along with the future... so who knows what joy and happiness come next...

:)

goldatom

Take it easy. Stop worrying about everything and only pay attention to your studies. What are you studying? What are your interests/hobbies? Devote time to those things.