college class

LazyHermitCrab

nervous for fall? there is this geology class (seems interesting) i'll be taking and it's three hours long, twice a week.. it says one day is lecture which is (hopefully) just listoning to powerpoints and the other is three hours of group activity ::(:::(:::(:::(:

Last edited:

seafolly

Yep, I'm pretty nervous too! Never have I had such a heavy and dry workload before so I'm questioning my capabilities at this point. It's hard to believe it's August already. Group work would make me nervous too. I have lovely physics labs to look forward to but that's the extend of groupwork for me. When it comes down to it, if a class involves groupwork I'll approach the professor at the beginning of lecture and ask if I can write a paper instead. All but one have been fine with this. :) That said, if the class has three hours reserved for it it doesn't sound like it'd something you could get out of. : / Do you need this class?

LazyHermitCrab

Yep, I'm pretty nervous too! Never have I had such a heavy and dry workload before so I'm questioning my capabilities at this point. It's hard to believe it's August already. Group work would make me nervous too. I have lovely physics labs to look forward to but that's the extend of groupwork for me. When it comes down to it, if a class involves groupwork I'll approach the professor at the beginning of lecture and ask if I can write a paper instead. All but one have been fine with this. :) That said, if the class has three hours reserved for it it doesn't sound like it'd something you could get out of. : / Do you need this class?

how long were the papers you wrote? that's nice though :) for me, it's required to take....-sigh-

seafolly

Undergrad really isn't bad. I don't know what year you're going into but my papers in first year were maybe 4 pages long. Second year was 6-8. Third called for around 10. I don't even WANT to know what my upcoming research paper will have to be.

My physics labs are mandatory as well for the biology degree. I hear your pain! Sometimes I wonder why I didn't opt for an English or Creative Writing major.

LazyHermitCrab

Undergrad really isn't bad. I don't know what year you're going into but my papers in first year were maybe 4 pages long. Second year was 6-8. Third called for around 10. I don't even WANT to know what my upcoming research paper will have to be.

My physics labs are mandatory as well for the biology degree. I hear your pain! Sometimes I wonder why I didn't opt for an English or Creative Writing major.

Well.. this should be the second, but for my first year I wasn't sure what to do, so it's like my second half of the first year. Cool major though, science really interests me, although the technical part can get challenging, heh. I really enjoy creative writing..english can get boring(grammar), unless there's literature involved. :D reseach papers can be fun, it's better than presentations, haha.