Cognitive therapy

Felicidad

In my honest opinio you need a theraphy. Cognitive or cognitive- behavioural. I see the latter more complete. But, cognitive therapy can help you so much. That depends on any particular case. Anyway, the most important I have learnt is that you have to develope a relation with your therapist based on trustly. I mean be as sincere as you can and even go further, guide your therapist in order to explain him/her your daily worries and your needes.
Good luck.

runaway

i think its worth giving everything a go, i went through CBT and can see how it would be very beneficial, but at the time i was young and full of angst and didnt give it a chance - and thats what you need to do, its based on alot of 'homework' and notetaking and is aimed at really investigating your thought process. My advice is if you do it, really go for it with all the energy you have left and i'm certain you'll see results

also as Azahara36 says you need a therapist that you feel comfortable with, im in the uk and got one on the national health service who whilst i was answering questions would be glancing at the clock, which was great

Cognitive therapy has helped me a little bit. I've never done it for more than a couple months so it's has never really toped it off for me.

Remus

Staff member
It works....but.... only if you apply it 24/7 for years and years, basically re-train your brain to think more "positively"

I found it effective compared to meds for SA/Panic disorder (which just didn't work for me)

exposure therapy also works well

jennismortal

The cognitive therapy techniques are tried by introducing new ways according to your changing behavior and reaction. Relaxation and distraction techniques are also included in the cognitive therapy.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is used in conjunction with the mood stabilizing medications. For example, schizophrenia is treated with the Cognitive therapy along with medications.Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(CBT for short) is a type of therapy used to change the way the mind thinks and views things (cognitive = brain/thought based).It can be very helpful for those with anxiety disorders.