clonazepam/lorazepam...

music10

I used to take clonazepam but stopped because it was causing a side effect. Lately I've been getting anxious at night though. So I've been taking lorazepam 1mg tablet. But it didn't work all that well. It worked well in the past so I don't understand it. The tablet is very powdery in the bottle now and very easy to break in half. So I'm just wondering whether medication like lorazepam has something like a due date. Its actually about 2 years old.

HopelessMess

It has an expiration date, but I believe it's something very long, like maybe 4 years? Of course the potency can be effected by what kind of conditions it's stored in- like it shouldn't be stored in humid areas, or in too much light or heat.

But my guess is that since you were taking clonazepam, then lorazepam which works on many of the same brain receptors, you have probably developed a bit of a tolerance to the drug's effects.

Out of curiosity- What was your side effect on clonazepam?

SilentType

Banned
bottles in the u.s. say they expire in 2 years. It doesn't mean it's true. It might have lost some effect from being stored in immense heat or light, but even that is highly douubtful.

music10

@hopeless mess: the side effect that I was getting from the clonazepam well I'm not 100% sure on this was that I was getting a bunch of very itchy red spots almost everywhere around my body. It was extremely itchy that I just couldn't go outside. The thing is that it only would last for no more that 20 minutes then they would all start to disappear and the itchiness would subside.

music10

Every now and then when my anxiety is bad I will take seriously like 1 quarter of a nerve pill to relax me. That is how paranoid of addiction I am. I break one in half and then break it in half and take it. I dont do this often but when I do i always beat myself up over it.

I have that same fear. I was given 0.5mg tablets of clonazepam but I'll try to break it into just less than a half. Amazingly enough it works fine.