check your credit report, folks!!

cowboyup

Red flag 1 for me:

My sister contacted dad. He was trying to get a new car and found evidence of credit fraud - the weird and bad of that (other than obvious) is that it was pointing to MY address. He lives in another state....

Red flag 2:

I applied for a part-time job and they had to run a credit check and background check. I had no worries, I thought. Wrong. The lady came back and said she usually doesn't say anything and she's a good judge of character and when we had interview I appeared to be nice, etc., but background check came up with evictions, about 10 credit cards I didn't take out in my name and that I lived in a different state.

Red flag 3:

I decided to change banks (this was before credit check with potential job) and went in, sat down, was ready to open my new checking account but had to answer security questions....no big deal. I failed one question. It was 'what mortgage company did you use' ... I said, you must be mistaken, I never have taken out a home loan or anything of the like. Maybe you are looking at my student loan, because they are through a bank. But no. Apparently there's a mortgage in my name as well.

Wow, I hit the jackpot! :crying:

I am fortunate, my brother is a cop and I went to him for advice.

If you see any fraudulent activity on your credit report or anything out of the ordinary, please file police report and then, it is a pain, but you should call each of the creditors on your credit report and tell them you filed police report as that is a better boost for them to take action.