Changes at work

lilmutegirl

I am in a management position at work, and my position is split into 2 groups (we have the same title, but there are 2 separate work groups to supervise at a variety of locations, so there are currently 16 of us-4 supervising group A and 12 supervising group B-I am one of the managers over group B). We are going through an organizational change, and are discussing where everyone wants to go. There is an option to move to supervise group A. Previously, this has been viewed as a step up from supervising group B. I have to change locations, but can choose which group to supervise there. I plan on staying with group B, for a few reasons, one of which is that there are a couple of my colleagues who plan to move from group B to group A, and they are very vocal, and can be "bulldozers." I think I will fair better staying in the position I am currently, and will have more opportunities for success without these individuals working directly with me. I feel kind of bad about this, but if I'm honest, while they are not bad people, and I look up to them for their experience, I am intimidated by them, and occasionally find them hard to work with. Is it wrong that I am thinking of this in these terms?

Side note: one of them gave someone else credit for one of my ideas, and the other one took credit herself for one of my ideas...which makes me question if these were even my own ideas, but I'm almost positive I was the first person to mention them.

theoutsider

I am in a management position at work, and my position is split into 2 groups (we have the same title, but there are 2 separate work groups to supervise at a variety of locations, so there are currently 16 of us-4 supervising group A and 12 supervising group B-I am one of the managers over group B). We are going through an organizational change, and are discussing where everyone wants to go. There is an option to move to supervise group A. Previously, this has been viewed as a step up from supervising group B. I have to change locations, but can choose which group to supervise there. I plan on staying with group B, for a few reasons, one of which is that there are a couple of my colleagues who plan to move from group B to group A, and they are very vocal, and can be "bulldozers." I think I will fair better staying in the position I am currently, and will have more opportunities for success without these individuals working directly with me. I feel kind of bad about this, but if I'm honest, while they are not bad people, and I look up to them for their experience, I am intimidated by them, and occasionally find them hard to work with. Is it wrong that I am thinking of this in these terms?

Side note: one of them gave someone else credit for one of my ideas, and the other one took credit herself for one of my ideas...which makes me question if these were even my own ideas, but I'm almost positive I was the first person to mention them.
I don't think it's wrong that you're thinking in terms of not wanting to work with those people. You spend too much time at work to have to stress unnecessarily. Work where you are most happy and, if you can, put yourself in the best position to achieve that happiness. Why voluntarily put yourself in direct contact with those types?