CertificateIII in information technology

Kat

Has anyone done certificate III at tafe in information technology?

I am thinking about doing this course at tafe but I am planning to do it externally. Do you have to work somewhere to get credit for some of the subjects?::eek:: And does anyone know how many subjects you need to do per semester if you do it part-time?:)

Kat

It’s a technical school it’s not university/college exactly it focuses more on the practical side of things and informs students about what goes on in a working environment instead of the politics of the world like uni/college does. It’s like an apprenticeship but through an educational institute and it goes from certificate I level and up to diploma level. If you decide to do a diploma at tafe you can get some credit you have got from there transferred into uni/college credit. Tafe is a lot cheaper then university but still can be pricy.

I have sent the campus some questions about this course via email but they haven’t replied yet, so I will have to try and work up some nerve to ring them and ask them some questions that I want answered tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kat

Yeah, thanks! It’s fitting really that I do IT because I met my husband through a computer:). It’s exciting and scary! At least I got some information on the questions I want answered though, and hopefully I’ll be starting in February 2010.