Causes

So I was diagnosed with SA a long while ago, along with PTSD. But at that time the PTSD really outweighed the SA. My father was in the coast guard until I was about to graduate from high school, and I've lived all over the place - moved almost every two or three years. I think that this is a major contribution to my now very heavy social anxiety. Has anyone else had to relocate so often? It's very difficult. Is it possible that that's one of the reasons why my SA is so terrible these days?...

chopin83

PTSD stands for post traumatic stress disorder I assume?

Well I can relate to what you said , I had to relocate a lot when my parents split up and it did have an impact on school and me. I agree with what you said but we net to get over it somehow

BlackKids

I relocated to a different country when I was 16 (24 now) and I beleive that is one of main reason I suffer from SA.
I came from been quite popular, living in a city, never wasting a single minute to living in the country with feck all to do.
I'm pretty much settled here now but Its always in the back of my mind what would have been had I never moved.

LycraPantiies92

Not really but we've moved about 5 times, so each time i had to leave any 'pals' i had behind, as for some reason when we were younger even the same city but different town was seen as too far to meet up with someone i spose =s. Now if i had a friend that moved i'd go and meet up even if they moved to france! i wouldn't let a friendship go just cos i moved a few miles, but i did and that's probably one reason i have sa. It's not the biggest reason i don't think but was impacting cos the last time we moved when i was 13 i just didn't really make friends. Spose cos the kids were all younger, still had people at school but i had no-one out of school. Still the same kinda. Except now i've lost my pals from school aswell >.<
xx