Cant look in peoples eyes

snipes

Ive not been able to look in peoples eyes for ten years but READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!Think Ive cracked it!!!! Googled the problem and found somthing on sub-communication and how to over come this problem. I'll try and explain, look at one eye and dont blink. When your doing the talking look away occasionally, when it feels right, and when thier doing the talking look at them for longer, still look away now and again but not nearly as often. On top of this advice Ive started telling my self over and over all day long this phrase:- Dont be scared of anybody or anything and dont be scared of what they think when they look at you. Ive been doing this for 2 days, after the first day I noticed a difference and felt 50% better, today Ive noticed people feel more at ease around me, which is how things used to be 10 years ago!!!!! I now feel 90% better.
Will you all try this and post on here and tell me how it goes, If we work together we can break this misserable afliction and break free from this box weve locked our selfs in, in our heads. Sorry about the spelling Im shit at it!

snipes

What made you do take this aproach and have you got any other good tips?
Im finding being able to look right in someones eye a complete liberation! How about you?

Argamemnon

snipes said:
What made you do take this aproach and have you got any other good tips?

Im finding being able to look right in someones eye a complete liberation! How about you?
Yes, me too.. but one or two days is too brief to conclude that I'm about to overcome my social anxiety. I just tried to be relaxed and be myself. I kept telling myself that there is nothing to be afraid of, and that nobody wants to hurt me. It helped...

What made me take this approach? I think I'm about to get fed up with this illness which has ruined my life. Everything I've done so far hasn't helped, so I realize I have to try other things.

I think it's possible to lead a normal life and although it's extremely hard to get rid of certain negative habits and fears, the happiness we would find is certainly worth all the effort!

I can't imagine to live the rest of my life as the miserable person I am now. I'd prefer to die or recover. I feel like these are the only options. I simply can't afford to live another 31 years like this :cry:

snipes

I think the key here mate, is try to feel fearless of anything but yeah relaxing helps me too. Keep me posted on how you get on. We CAN and WILL crack this shit!!!!