can't handle it...

Joan6466

I'm so sorry. Overcoming heartbreak is like experiencing death without a body. A good book was written by a psychologist who bravely shared his heartbreak when a girl friend broke up with him and he was devastated. The book is called Letting Go,the author is Zev Wanderer and he describes a process that helps to shorten the length of time it takes to get thru it. It's an old book but the best I've seen in getting thru heartbreak. You WILL recover, be gentle with yourself, set small goals for yourself- get out of the house, go for a walk, practice saying "Hi" or smiling and nodding as you walk by other walkers. Some contact is better than nothing. Don't give up!

I'm so sorry you're going through this - heartbreak is terrible.
My best advice is to keep yourself busy - too much idle time means more time thinking about this guy and your situation. If you have anyone you're close with (a family member/friend), maybe you can hang out with them? Even if you don't want to leave the house, force yourself to go out and do things - it helps. Journaling is something I have found to be useful as well. Unfortunately, this is just something you have to live through and you will have good days and bad days until one day you're okay again, but it takes time :/

I'm sorry you're going through this. :sad:

The best way I have found to get through bad times is occupying myself with other things. Anything that engages my attention. I like to go to the gym or classes, something, anything that gets me out of my head. Or if I cant bring myself to go out, I'll bring out the soduko or some sort of problem solving activity. Something that engages me. That and time.