Can Xanax cause withdrawal symptoms after only 10 days?

economist

yesterday was my last dose
i've been averaging a little under .75 mg a day
i have .5mg left

i was given out because i had two panic attacks for the first time recently and my doctor gave me this to get through them

last night i was sweating a lot and my heart was pounding hard, and was speeding up periodically, overall it was beating kind of fast for resting
but not too scarily fast

but i'd say around 90 bpm

resting im usually in the 70s

i also just started on lisinopril last night when this happened, for my high blood pressure (my top number has always been kind of high from anxiety i think, always at least 140)

and i read that it can cause racing heart as well

but i think it's most likely a mild xanax withdrawal?
will it most likely pass soon?

ive been feeling my breathing kind of off, kind of hard to get deep breaths, forgetting to breathe in sometimes, and im hoping its just from the xanax and not from general anxiety

ever since ive had those two panic attacks ( i went to the er for both as my blood pressure was extremely high and they gave me a benzo and beta blocker to calm me down, bp was 220/110 and took a while to come down)

my anxiety in general has gotten worse since then because eveyr little abnormal thing i feel, whether lightheadedness, some pain in my chest, feeling hot in the face, etc., i feel like could lead to one again or could indicate something else about my health

i want to get my heart checked out as well, as i had an abnormal ekg (inverted t waves). i had an echocardiogram to get it tested further and they never called back which means it must've been normal, but i still dont' know why my ekg is abnormal

should i avoid the xanax? and if it happens again maybe take a benadryl to get me to sleep faster

bsammy

ehh i highly doubt u would suffer much in the way of withdrawals after taking such a low dose after just 10 days..probably much of what u are feeling is mental...

ZZzZZZZZz

I highly doubt your symptoms were from the Xanax withdrawal after only 10 days. I know it's generally not a good idea to use Xanax on a daily basis though unless for only short period of times. It's better used on an as needed basis so that you don't develop tolerance or experience withdrawals when you stop taking it. Your does is also quiet low like bsammy said so I really don't think you'd get withdrawals from that dose after 10 days. It sounds more like it couldn't be some physical manifestation of anxiety and panic. You're worrying too much about all these little health problems, and it sounds like some of it could be mental and a result of anxiety. I have taken Xanax for several years in higher dosages (but never continuously on a day to day basis) and I have never had any of the problems you mentioned as a result of this medication. I'd just say use the Xanax carefully and see a doctor if you think it might help you to figure your health out.