Can prescription meds work after symptoms are made worst?

Moses199

I heard a guy with social phobia who studied neurology say that sometimes meds make symptoms worst for short while but the symptoms will eventually subside and meds will start working. Is this true? Let me explain more... for example you have schizophrenia and take newly subscribed meds for the first time. The meds make your schizophrenia worst the first month nevnevertheless you continue taking them. Will eventually the worsening effects subside followed by meds working successfully?

Graziepapi

Yes,of course.It is possibe!Some medicines like antidepressant have this side effects.For example when you take an SSRI antidepressant in the beginning your symptoms can get worse but if you contiune to take the drugs after around two weeks you'll start to feel even more better.For antipsycotichs I don't know but I think that might be the same.In any way you have just to talk with your doctor about this for further informations because we are not consultants..Greeting from Italy!Bye:)

lily

I heard a guy with social phobia who studied neurology say that sometimes meds make symptoms worst for short while but the symptoms will eventually subside and meds will start working. Is this true? Let me explain more... for example you have schizophrenia and take newly subscribed meds for the first time. The meds make your schizophrenia worst the first month nevnevertheless you continue taking them. Will eventually the worsening effects subside followed by meds working successfully?
Hi Moses199 r you a christian? :bigsmile: i have never heard of a med that causes your symptoms to worsen on prescription medication but i heard that it can take some time to work but Graziepapi could be right, take care

Last edited:

lily

Hi Moses199, i just realized that i think you're talking about side effect, not worsening of all of your own symptoms right?