can i get some help with this

daisy1395_2000

I know this is probly not the best place to do this, especially for my first post, but I am trying to take a survey for my sociology class, and I am not getting very many responses back, and I am not about to go knocking on doors, or stand in front of a whole bunch of people and ask them these questions, if you could, would you be so kind to fill out my survey and help me out with my sociology paper. Thank you, Becky

Parenting Discipline Questionnaire

There are many controversies on the different ways throughout history to punish children. Modern times call for “time outs” and list “spankings” as child abuse. I specifically remember my father talking about “picking switches” off of a tree to get a whooping. We are composing a survey for one of our classes for a presentation on Child Discipline. Please help by answering the following questions..., you will remain anonymous, unless you would like to include a quote that may or may not be used during our presentation.
Thank You

If you do not have children, please answer your parent questions and then discuss your views on how you would discipline children.

Race:
Were your parents married while you were raised?
Step Parents involved in discipline? How?
What type of punishment method did your parents use?
Were you abused? Mentally? Physically? Sexually?
How many siblings did you have?
Was any of your siblings favored? Which one? (oldest/youngest
Were the girls treated different than the boys?

How many children do you have?

How old are your children?

Which type of punishment have you tried?

Which type of punishment is most effective?

Which type of punishment do you use most often?

Are you a single parent?

If 2 parents, are both involved in discipline? Which parent do the children listen to mostly. (Natural or Stepparent)

How old were you when you started having children?

Do you favor a child?

Do you treat girls and boys different?

Any Quotes, Personal Stories you would like to add???

Last edited:
Hey man. What's up? I don't think too many people will post it here. They may PM you though. For myself, my parents were married and there was no abuse. My older siblings have a heck of a lot more freedom and trust than me, but there's no real overt favoritism.

No stepparents. Discipline is by scolding and/or caning/pinching. Nothing really drastic. I've no children, but I think that the most effective punishments are those that are consistent, just and the punishments should be related to the mischief where possible. Like if the kid knocks over a pot of plant, he should be made to fix it back or get a new one with his pocket money instead of the parents screaming at him all the time and then fixing the problem themselves.

Also, no double-bind sort of punishments/assignments should be given where the child is scolded no matter what he does.

WeirdyMcGee

If you still have time for this survey and haven't scrapped the idea- I suggest you try a parenting forum!

Thats a thorny issue abit like should disabled young adults be taught about sex very taboo still good luck with your study.