Can ecstasy and antidepresents cause damage?

Tetchyboi

Hi all i just wanna ask the Question..
Can XTC use and antidepresents cause damage
i was told that its less harmfull then Alcohol but just wanna check in.. :twisted:

redlady

Who told you ? If it wasn't a doctor i would err on the side of caution. Certainly doesn't sound too healthy.

P.S - Issa if you read this HELLO - my mm service is crap :cry:

Tetchyboi

No wasnt a docta but it was some one i see at mental health.
they preety much said ure betta off using pills then Alchole

redlady

Sure it is the lesser of the two evils - but man! YOU are not thinking about doing something like that - i hope not.

Serge

You have to be very careful using drugs at the best of times. If you have an emotional or mental health disorder even more so. You may have a problem or you may not, no one can really predict how they will affect an individual in the long term. But many people have found that long term drug use can cause mental problems, or make existing problems more serious. Like I said not always but if you have an anxiety disorder why take the risk.

Tetchyboi

Why take the risk?
Well thats true and i kinnda know that its not good but it makes me feelgood when im on it.
But yeh i do agree with u i am putting my anxiety disorder on the line every time. :(

Serge

Tetchyboi - that was more of a general question not specifically directed at you! I used to use certain drugs quite a lot for a number of years and like you said they do make you feel GOOD! But I think if someone is on antidepressants it really ups the risks of complications - and i know of a couple of friends who had nasty experiences mixing the two, not from ecstasy though. Guess it can be down to luck sometimes.

http://www.ravesafe.org.za/qna/qna-1.htm

Knowledge is power.

Be responsible and...

.... if you do drugs, don't let drugs do you.

I have heard that you can die if you take ecstasy and anti-depressants.

Q.

Hello. There has been a lot of talk and discussion about the use of illegal drugs with anti-depressants and benzodiazepines. I am on both of the above with quite large amounts of both, as well as other drugs. What is the general effect of pot and ecstasy and these drugs? I have heard that you can die if you take ecstasy and anti-depressants but then I researched it further and found out it was only from MAOI's not SSRI's. If you could clarify this for me and explain the effects that would be great. Thanks.

A.

The older MAOI antidepressants (e.g. parnate) interact with many common foods and medications, and can produce quite dangerous side effects. More recent MAOIs (e.g. aurorix) are a lot safer. Likewise, the newer SSRI antidepressants are less likely to interact dangerously with other drugs or foods. None of these are "safe" to combine with benzos, although it is very common for doctors to prescribe this way. That is, a benzodiazepam for anxiety or sleep, in combination with an antidepressant. So long as the doses are adjusted and the patient is kept monitored, it is pretty safe short-term therapy.

Can you die from taking pot and antidepressants? Probably not: but using pot while you on antidepressants is known to cause a mental illness very much like schizophrenia (both interfere with the levels of a brain chemical called dopamine, which is implicated in schizophrenia and some other mental illnesses). Pot will also increase the sedative effect of benzos, which could theoretically lead to a fatal overdose, though I know of no cases where this has been proven to be the cause of death.

Ecstasy is another matter. Even if you can be certain that the substance is pure and you know the dose, antidepressants and MDMA are a potentially lethal combination. Not just MOAIs; all antidepressants.

Ecstasy a very potent agonist (booster) of the brain chemical, seretonin (one of the monoamines are the "MO" in MOAI). Seretonin is the brain neurotransmitter boosted by antidepressants. Combining ecstasy and antidepressant drugs can cause the medical condition called "Seretonin Syndrome". It not only can happen, it has and does happen!

The symptoms of the Seretonin Syndrome are: euphoria, drowsiness, sustained rapid eye movement, over-reaction of the reflexes, rapid muscle contraction and relaxation in the ankle causing abnormal movements of the foot, clumsiness, restlessness, feeling drunk and dizzy, muscle contraction and relaxation in the jaw, sweating, intoxication, muscle twitching, rigidity, high body temperature, mental changes like confusion and over-excitement (a "happy drunk" state), shivering, diarrhea, loss of consciousness and death.

http://www.somazone.com.au/content.asp?Document_ID=717

discussion of illegal drugs if forbidden on the spw forums (but i dont want you to die)

Nie

tetchyboi said:
Hi all i just wanna ask the Question..
Can XTC use and antidepresents cause damage
i was told that its less harmfull then Alcohol but just wanna check in..
What is the point of asking such a question?
Do you really not know if XTC causes damage?
Even if you don't you can easily look it up on the web.
I have the slight impression that you just try to get some attention..
I'd certainly like to help you but probably it won't be very good.
Nevertheless, here is mine:

Yes, XTC alone is harmful (isn't that obvious? 8O).
XTC in combination with anti-depressants, alcohol or other medications even more so.
I don't think it is less harmful than alcohol. (........ :?)
Perhaps alcohol causes more damage in general since it is more common and easier to get.
But I guess XTC is harder to get for good reason?

I suggest you don't take ecstasy (with- or without antidepressants.. whatever......... :|).
It causes deep changes in your psyche and since you are here on these boards - asking these questions..
I suppose your psyche doesn't look so good and stable anyways (but I wouldn't recommend it if you were healthy either).
If you already did drugs they might be one reason.. if not they probably will be once you took them.

My advice to you would be to keep distance from this stuff.
If you're already into it, maybe you know you should stop or seek help if you can't.
I'm sure taking antidepressants while taking mdma doesn't improve your situation.
Worst case you could only get yourself killed (Serotonin syndrome, increased mdma plasmalevels and intoxication, whatever) or otherwise at least amplify the following time feeling down. :(

You can die indirectly from XTC alone by dehydration or overheating of the body if you overdo it (not to mention the antidepressants).
So if you really happen to do it, at least try to remember to drink much water and take a break every now and then.
But I seriously wish you won't.

And finally.. no matter what, XTC damages.. among others.. your brain cells.

freakalmightee said:
Be responsible and...

.... if you do drugs, don't let drugs do you.
It might be harder to control in the end than it seems at first. :?

freakalmightee said:
discussion of illegal drugs if forbidden on the spw forums (but i dont want you to die)
Me too.
Take care..

Tetchyboi

Wow thanx to every one who replied and yes i do suffer panic dissorder and social phobia.
And no i was not trying to get attention i did look it up on the net but didnt get the answers i was looking for and i mainly wanted to ask fellow anxiety people what they think as i value there opinion more then some web page :D
And sorry i didnt know talkin abought ilegal drugs was forbiden.
So thanx again all i apreciate ure advice.

and this website is heaven scent Keep up the good work

Ps... I still cant get into chat room :cry:

Tetchyboi

hey well i have decided thanx to everones comments and my friends that i will not be taking X while on my antidepresents

So just wanna say a BIG THANX TO ALL!!

:D

Nie

worrydoll said:
i didnt think that, i thought it was a good question. my brother struggles with the exact same issue. anyway even if someone posts something because they need attention cant you empathise with that?
Isn't that exactly what I did? :?

I mean, discussion of illegal drugs is forbidden on spw.
And you could have easily looked that up on wiki or whatever..
So maybe it wouldn't have been good of me to write much about it.
Besides I was wondering if it wasn't quite an obvious question anyway.
I felt he was rather seeking attention or help than an actual answer to his question.
That's why you talk to people instead of looking it up on a machine(?)..
I never said I didn't understand if he wants attention. :(
I did answer his question and try to help him.

worrydoll said:
i can, it comes via the excessive loneliness. x
But you didn't pay him any attention by posting something for him so far.
Why didn't you try to reply to his question when you thought it was good..
Been looking for an answer yourself?
If so I hope the topic was helpful to you.

tetchyboi said:
Wow thanx to every one who replied and yes i do suffer panic dissorder and social phobia.
And no i was not trying to get attention i did look it up on the net but didnt get the answers i was looking for and i mainly wanted to ask fellow anxiety people what they think as i value there opinion more then some web page
Maybe your question should have been more specific..
tetchyboi said:
Ps... I still cant get into chat room
This site's chatroom?
tetchyboi said:
hey well i have decided thanx to everones comments and my friends that i will not be taking X while on my antidepresents

Welcome..
I also wouldn't take ecstasy again after you're back to somewhat normal someday.
It could ruin all the hard work again.

Nice decision nevertheless.

Primus

jesus christ Nie, chill out. i think someone needs some pills. let people say what they want without critizing them. and yes you did critize, dont reply saying " i didnt critize anyone i just stated what i thought "

triceratops

Nie said:
worrydoll said:
i didnt think that, i thought it was a good question. my brother struggles with the exact same issue. anyway even if someone posts something because they need attention cant you empathise with that?
Isn't that exactly what I did? :?

I mean, discussion of illegal drugs is forbidden on spw.
And you could have easily looked that up on wiki or whatever..
So maybe it wouldn't have been good of me to write much about it.
Besides I was wondering if it wasn't quite an obvious question anyway.
I felt he was rather seeking attention or help than an actual answer to his question.
That's why you talk to people instead of looking it up on a machine(?)..
I never said I didn't understand if he wants attention. :(
I did answer his question and try to help him.

worrydoll said:
i can, it comes via the excessive loneliness. x
But you didn't pay him any attention by posting something for him so far.
Why didn't you try to reply to his question when you thought it was good..
Been looking for an answer yourself?
If so I hope the topic was helpful to you.

tetchyboi said:
And no i was not trying to get attention i did look it up on the net but didnt get the answers i was looking for and i mainly wanted to ask fellow anxiety people what they think as i value there opinion more then some web page
Maybe your question should have been more specific..
tetchyboi said:
Ps... I still cant get into chat room
This site's chatroom?
tetchyboi said:

Welcome..
I also wouldn't take ecstasy again after you're back to somewhat normal someday.
It could ruin all the hard work again.

Nice decision nevertheless.

nie...dont you think your being a bit harsh? Theres nothing wrong with asking a question like that if anything hes the right thing by asking about the dangers of something instead of just doing it. Why is the discussion of drugs forbidden how are we supposed to help each other when they ban topics that could of be some help to a person. sort it out spw!

Nie

freakalmightee said:
jinkies Nie sometimes pills can help.
Yes, even quite often.
But no drugs like mdma?
And that is merely my experience.

Primus said:
jesus christ Nie, chill out. i think someone needs some pills. let people say what they want without critizing them. and yes you did critize, dont reply saying " i didnt critize anyone i just stated what i thought "
Sure someone needs some pills.
I just said don't take X with antidepressants.
When did I say I didn't critizise anyone?
Maybe you feel critizised.

scyth said:
nie...dont you think your being a bit harsh? Theres nothing wrong with asking a question like that if anything hes the right thing by asking about the dangers of something instead of just doing it. Why is the discussion of drugs forbidden how are we supposed to help each other when they ban topics that could of be some help to a person. sort it out spw!
?
I feel rather being treated harshly than being so myself.
Why? I wanted to help tetchyboi, that's all.
He already said he wasn't only looking for attention.
Even if he was, what would have been wrong with that?
I just wrote my impression/opinion in order to try and help him best..

When did I say it was wrong to ask a question like that?
I feel misunderstood all the way.
Don't twist my words. Read more carefully..
I don't know the so bad thing you're all complaining about.
But you convinced me already I shouldn't have tried to help.

Nie

worrydoll said:
sometimes i dont post because i have social phobia but i read the site a lot and have much empathy.
Yea, me too.
Perhaps it was better I didn't post anything as well.

testobot

I will probably be hung alive for responding to this.. and I feel bad having experimented with about every drug in the book in the past-- but I have actually just learned about the affects of X use in my biological-psychology class. Ecstasy use-- sometimes only after the 3-5 use can have long term consequences- most commonly memory and depression problems-- does it help with depression and anxiety while taking the drug-- yes it does.. until tolerance builds up. I have seen objective photos taken of esctasy users and sadly it is one of the few drugs that do, in reality, actually cause brain cells to die off- it is a myth that drugs like marijuana and heroine cause loss of brain cells. the brain cells that do manage to regenerate- very few- reginerate very disorderly and scientist don't even know if these function properly.

And yes, it is extra dangerous to mix anti-depressants w/ x because it causes the brain levels of seretonin to rise to toxic levels.

As far as the dangers of antidepressents? hmmm.. I dunno, in the short term there aren't many except possible addiction and bad withdrawl symptoms. Unfortunately there haven't been too many long term studies on how SSRI's (the most commonly prescribed anti-depressants) affect the brain- long term. hmmm.. I wonder if the pharmacuetical industry isn't feeling very motivated to find out?

alankluger

I Tried Trip2night for the first time last night around 9:30 pm. I started to feel effects around 11pm, effects lasted around 5 hours or more. Some of the effects were energy, dizziness, strong buzz like effects, euphoric feelings, happy, silly, and energy to dance all night long. The product made me horny, although that usually doesn’t take much.

I bought the product from Narcomundo.com. The product came in a powder form with directions to add 1 scoop to fruit juice. I still have a lot left over for next week. For the amount I took; I think I will get around 9 servings out of one pack; although it says 20 servings on the directions.