can anyone relate?

italiano

hello, last night me and my mate were going to meet sum girls. I new these girls already so I wasnt too worried, any way, he picked me up and I was fine. The music was on quite loud in the car, then along the dual carriageway suddenly the weirdest sensation came over me (as if extremely scared) and i had to stop the car and be sick!! 8O :(
He also has had problems like me through abusing drugs, so he understood why im sick etc.
This has happened before but im not sure what causes this......when i used to drive i was normally fine. I think it could be with me not being in control of the car? therefore being trapped and 'no way out'.....has any one ever experienced this at all? :?

Richey

its never happened to me because ive never had a group of people to drive around, sad i know, do you think it was SP related? was it because you ran out of things to talk about?

shovelhead

Sounds similar to some of my expriences... Trapped situations can do that to me too, not throwing up, but panic and/or excess anxiety... Also loud music can get on my nerves, a lot of the time I am fine, but if I am on edge it gets under my skin...

Often for me though there is something else that happened or had been on my mind that day or previous day that put me on edge...

italiano

i am sure that it is because of my anxiety as it has happened before, but its strange. Cant pin point exactly the reasons, but I think it must have been in relation to the feeling of being 'out of control' and 'trapped', as this is quite a problem for me when i dont know a way out of a possible anxious situation, e.g. when i go to college i always need a way out in case i cant take it any more during the day

shovelhead

italiano said:
'out of control' and 'trapped', as this is quite a problem for me when i dont know a way out of a possible anxious situation, e.g. when i go to college i always need a way out in case i cant take it any more during the day

Yeah very much the same, meetings at work I remind myself that I can leave if I want to, "just excuse myself"... but yeah I hate being driven by friends, I prefer to drive so I feel more 'in control'....

Another good example is I have valium in my desk at work... Its been maybe 10 months since I have taken it, but the fact that there is a possible 'escape' route helps ease my mind on bad days...

italiano

valium? whats valium like, i take proponolol (the fast acting tablets not the slow realse) and also a week ago was put on citalopram. My friend who developed psychosis was put on valium, what does it do? i have heard you can become dependant on it?

shovelhead

italiano said:
valium? whats valium like, i take proponolol (the fast acting tablets not the slow realse) and also a week ago was put on citalopram. My friend who developed psychosis was put on valium, what does it do? i have heard you can become dependant on it?

Don't know the ones you mentioned... I was given aropax for long term and valium for short term... I reacted very badly to the aropax and refused to take it left the GP who put me on it and paid to see a psychologist...

So all I have had for the last 18 months is valium for very bad days and a psychologist... As I said I avoid taking the Valium as I prefer to try and get through without it.. As for its effects it just slows me down, so if I take it when I panic it doesn't last as long as the valium kicks in and I slow down physically and mentally. Often just fall asleep...

Addiction to Valium is not an easy thing to get over, you may very well end up in hospital to get off it... But you have to take it a lot more often than I do to get addicted to it...

Its not a drug that would be good to use day to day to help you as you can feel a bit like a space cadet. But it does help calm you down in a panic situation..