Can anyone relate to this?

Tuukka40

I always want to start fresh somewhere, whether it be a job, new school...anywhere. And when I have had the opportunity, the first few days are not so bad and anxiety is decently low. But once I feel like I am labeled the 'quiet' or 'shy' person, anxiety sky rockets and life becomes miserable again...Anyone else?

Ithior

I can relate with the first part, "I always want to start fresh somewhere, whether it be a job, new school...anywhere". Can't say much about the other part because I don't have that experience. Every time I changed schools (between elementary and middle school, then to high school, then to university) I always had at least two other persons coming with me, and to my class. Even when I started kindergarten I had my twin sister with me.

Things might be different in September though. I'm going back to university after a two year break to do a master's degree. By this time all of the people I knew are all out of there, except one guy. As far as I know none of my acquaintances will be doing that master's degree, since everyone sees it as boring anyway. That guy will also have classes in the morning while I'll have them at night. It'll be the first time I stay in a class full of people I don't know.

NamiraWilhelm

Absolutely. There have many several occasions where I had the chance for a fresh start, but then it always ends the same. I always end up making a bad social impression.