Can anyone give me some advice?

BrokenDream

Thought this would be the best place to ask for advice....idk. So its like this...I was suposed to go this huge event with a group of friends and my new boyfriend, but long story short...I had to end it. Now I'm forced to go to this huge event by myself...and here's the weird part...there's gonna be a very large amount of people around there. Since this is "Social phobia world"...I'm over here...practicly terrfied...and I cant get out of going since I already bought my 90 dollar ticket. What should I do? I'm really nervous about having to be in an area with those possibly hundreds of other teenagers and its been driving me insane. ::(: I just cant seem to shake this scared feeling I have! I've been working with my theripist on trying to get over my fear of large groups of people for a few years now, and we've made alot of progress...but I dont think I'm ready for this big of a leap...can someone please give me some amazing advice to help get through this? Any tips would be sincerly helpful!

Boby

uhh that's a bit harsh...maybe give use more detail about the event...if it's like a music event you should go ...just dance a bit have some fun...but i admit i personally would've find it hard to go if i were you

WeirdyMcGee

90 dollars?
I've spent 4 times more and chickened out on going. You could always try to sell your ticket to someone else...
haha

But- you're going with some friends, right?
Depending on the event, I think you could do fine... since it sounds like you were going to be 'fine' going with a boyfriend.
Without him- it's one less person, sure-- but you're still not alone, right?

sullyS25

I would say make a huge step and go to it....try not to fight the feelings of anxiety and accept what you are feeling. It seems like a perfect opportunity to learn and face your fear!

Iluv

I agree with Weirdy. Try selling your ticket. Take a picture and post in on your local classifieds or something. You won't get all 90 dollars back but can try. You don't have to go if you don't want to.

BrokenDream

Thanks everyone for your replies! I think I'm going to try ahead and go despite these feels I've been having, it'll be good thing to work toward. Besides, Id just hate not to go now and really enjoy myself just because of my own fear. I'm gonna try and have fun anyway despite everything :) I've been through MUCH worse in these past few years anyway, wish me luck!

sullyS25

you are awesome!! That is great to hear...Running away from our fears will always result in more of the same....that has been my experience....I hope you can bring yourselfs to concentrate on the positive experiences you have instead of the negative ones...It can be difficult