!! Caffeine addiction !!

ghost_train

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences relating to caffeine and its effect on anxiety levels: in particular has anyone given it up and found a significant decrease in general anxiety levels?

Edith

ghost_train said:
Just wondering if anyone has any experiences relating to caffeine and its effect on anxiety levels: in particular has anyone given it up and found a significant decrease in general anxiety levels?

Errmm....

Caffein makes me a better human being.

I would give caffein an award if I could... in fact I might do that later on...

Without that wonderous legal drug I would be a zombie. Caffein awakens all the naturla human desires that I have by giving me energy to burn on the more useless endevours of the socially anxious mind - by the time I'm done with caffein energy all I have left is the feeling of being a normal human being.

I declare everyday: Univeral "I Love and NEED caffeine Day" I imagine you disagree though...

I normally drink around 10 cappuccinos a day... but last week I was on an all organic juice fast and had none (which felt amazing!!) but now that that's over I'm back to at least 4 a day.

ghost_train

I declare everyday: Univeral "I Love and NEED caffeine Day" I imagine you disagree though...

No, I do agree. It's got to be coffee though, for some reason- tea doesn't cut it. The thing is, I don't feel any real effect from caffeine when I drink it: for example, and this is true, I can drink a whole pot of black coffee and be sound asleep 20 mins later... However, when I try and stop drinking it, it's hard. I don't have any withdrawal effects as such- no headaches/shaking that some people report, but I just feel like something is missing. Very very missing (not that that sentence makes sense).

It's just that a friend of mine is telling me that I should give it up as he did. He claimed he felt much better for it. But he can sometimes talk a lot of blag.

BTW- totally random: what's dentistry like in your country? Do most people have dentists or is there a high demand? How does it fit into the healthcare system? Also, what's the weather usually like around may-june (like now I guess)

Fairy001

Yes, I gave up caffeine about five years ago. I certainly noticed improved concentration and sleep, both of which in turn led to less anixety. I drink decaffeinated coffee and caffeine free diet coke, nowadays I don't even notice it. When I do occasionly have coffee with caffeine in it I feel a real buzz!

I have manic depression and it was NOT helping when I was high, hahahah!

I would recommend that everyone gives caffeine up! :D

Peace xxx

oXyKevn

caffine gives me horrible anxiety and horrible panic attacks, i can't drink anything caffinated :( . any one feel like this or have any clue why the SMALLEST change in my mind sets me off into a road of insanity?! im only 21yrs old

oXyKevn

caffine gives me horrible anxiety and horrible panic attacks, i can't drink anything caffinated :( . any one feel like this or have any clue why the SMALLEST change in my mind sets me off into a road of insanity?! im only 21yrs old

Carstuar

I don't drink coffee every day, but for me it works great as a stimulant, and doesn't make me anxious.

Hermes11

I've been addicted to caffine since before I can remember. When I was a baby, my mom used to give me some pepsi in my kiddy cup (just a bit), but that was enough to start the horrible cycle. She drank caffine when she was pregant with me too, so I guess that's affected me...

lol

I don't care. I don't have any trouble sleeping or anything like that. I don't have any trouble waking up. I guess Im lucky in that regard. Caffine all around, that's what I say! Except for those who don't want it. That, I can understand. My sister can't have any of it; she goes nuts, and does get panic attacks because of it. Then again, she over reacts to everything, so maybe that's an issue too.

4seasons

I've tried not drinking coffee. I can't do it. If i don't have caffeine at work I screw up a lot and get really stressed out. When I sit down on my brake and have a cup of coffee the day goes by so much smoother, when I drink caffeine I'm able to relax and do things more calmly. If I go out, like to the bank or something I have less anxiety doing things like that to. I can't give up coffee.

Thelema

The affects of caffeine are pretty well agreed upon and a quick Google search will tell you all you need to know.

Mostly for me quitting caffeine was easy once I replaced the habit of drinking it. Once I replaced drinking an energy drink with root beer, the habit of drinking something at a certain time wasn't broken and that made it much easier. For me I got a little bit of a headache, but that goes away in a little while.

For me the bad things about caffeine just didn't seem to impact my life in any way so I started drinking energy drinks again because I enjoy them. I've given with and without them a fair and equal look and I chose to enjoy something I enjoy.

Edith

ghost_train said:
BTW- totally random: what's dentistry like in your country? Do most people have dentists or is there a high demand? How does it fit into the healthcare system? Also, what's the weather usually like around may-june (like now I guess)

Random, yes. ;) Denistry... I have no idea, I don't have a dentist here and I've never thought to ask about it (I've only been here for 4 months though). Weather is rainy and hot and HUMID... like disgustingly humid.

This country does know how to do coffee though... I've never had coffee so well prepared in my life.

Great_Beyond

I gave up caffeine about a month ago after I realized that I become a lot more anxious after I drink coffee or coke. I haven't noticed any difference yet, but it might be affecting me in ways I don't yet realized so I'm going to continue.

cobalt_bluester

I am not sure whether caffine raises my anxiety levels as I am so hooked on coffee! However, I am going to go 'cold turkey' to see what the effects will be. I will let you know how it goes ;-)

asubscriber99

caffeine is not all bad, in fact, small amounts of caffeine may hlep your brain as you get older( as some research show, but it's not definite).

Staci

ghost_train said:

Cutting out caffeine made a big difference for me. I even did a Squidoo Lens on it (I'm not selling anything there!).

If you do decide to kick the habit you may be miserable for a couple of days. Headaches are the most common complaint during withdrawal but some people don't miss it at all.

Best,
Staci
The Lock And The Key

Hidding

***BUMP***

This thread ended 9/08.

Just curious if more peps w/ SA/SP could share about this topic.

My pDoc wants me to 'cut back' on my coffee intake and I don't feel I could function w/o caffeine. :eek:

Thanks.

I loooove caffeine!! When I hang out with friends we always get some "vente starbucks double shots" the amount of caffeine in them is insane! I pretty much lose all anxiety when I drink those and become a crazy wild man with no fears haha

Queen_Of_Pain

I love coffee too much to give it up, but it does make me more paranoid and stressed. But thats only if i'm in a public place, It usually makes me slightly disorientated.

Noca

Banned
My account name means No Caffeine, I hate caffeine cause it makes me anxious and jittery.