Burned out on life?

Outshined

I feel like I'm aimlessly wondering and stumbling my way through life, and just wasting time hoping that eventually things will turn around and pay off. I'm going through college with no real ambition or pride in myself. I'm not even sure when I graduate if I'll get a decent job with my SA and all. Without trying to sound lame, the one thing that makes me happy is playing my guitar, and I could only dream that it would actually take me somewhere. I'm not old, and I'm already getting tired and burned out with life. I know it's not normal to feel this hopeless or pessimistic, and I'm trying not to... Anyone else ever feel like this?

Lexmark

Yeah sometimes
I definetly have no ambition but it never really bothers me with most things.
When theres things that need to be done and i just dont giv a shit about myself enough to do them then it gets a bit depressing.
Even small things like washing my clothes and i just CBF
Its like something in my head just goes why bother its to hard kinda thing
Maby im just really lazy or maby its depression
I just dont know coz i have no idea who i am

worrywort

yea, all the time! but I dunno, sometimes I like to think that every human being is way more important than they think....that we're all having much larger affects on our surroundings than we realise.....so maybe one of the most important things you could do right now is to keep fighting your own battles, because who knows how the world might use you....if you keep fighting, you might find solutions to some of your problems...solutions that may not be of any use to most people in the world, but I bet there could be a select few on this website that would be eternally grateful for them.

autumn_82

Outshined said:
I feel like I'm aimlessly wondering and stumbling my way through life, and just wasting time hoping that eventually things will turn around and pay off. I'm going through college with no real ambition or pride in myself. I'm not even sure when I graduate if I'll get a decent job with my SA and all. Without trying to sound lame, the one thing that makes me happy is playing my guitar, and I could only dream that it would actually take me somewhere. I'm not old, and I'm already getting tired and burned out with life. I know it's not normal to feel this hopeless or pessimistic, and I'm trying not to... Anyone else ever feel like this?
Hey Outshined, I feel the same way you do. I'm still getting through college, but without any idea of what to do afterwards. That stresses me out because I have student loans, and I need a job that pays enough that I can pay the bills. I have no idea what career I'd like, and at this point it seems there isn't one out there for me. I have a job now that I wouldn't want to do full-time, and it's been that way with all of my job experiences so far. I try to remind myself that I haven't experienced all that's out there, and that I'll find something eventually. But I've been struggling for so long I feel that it's never going to end. I see everyone else my age graduated with jobs/families, and it gets frustrating. I have thought about trying another antidepressant, because some of my ultra-pessimistic feelinlgs are probably due to depression. I too have felt burnt out on life, simply because it's been hopeless for so long. I don't know what to say. Just keep on trying....hopefully someday it'll improve.

Outshined

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I don't know what I want for a career. When people ask me my major, I almost cringe thinking about how I'm going to college because it's the thing to do. Life feels like one compromise after the other, and I really hope my career doesn't end up as just one more compromise. The last thing I want to be is some depressed, office zombie the rest of my life. It feels good to know you're doing something real and true to yourself. I know sitting around won't solve anything, but it's so fucking rough trying to break out of this cycle. I feel better knowing there's others in the same boat, and I hope things work out for you all too.