bullying

lonelee1

ive always wondered this. i asked my therapist once but got no real answer.

i used to be made fun of for my appearance and awkwardness. which made me even more whack and socially anxious, leading to more slights and anxiety. i asked my woman professional when we were talking about this 'bullying', like, what if something is/was wrong with me?

i was different and was weirder than others. so is it bad or helpful or anything to say, ok, those kids were just doing what kids do- and were justified?

does this make sense? looking back, i could see why i didn't fit in.

anybody get me?

cocorose

My opinion is, I think kids are mean because they haven't learned respect from their parents.. obviously when you're young you haven't learned life lessons yet but that comes as you get older.. and sometimes their parents never teach them cause they're jerks themselves, and they learn the behaviour from their parents. I think kids should be taught to accept everyone but unfortunately if the parent doesn't teach their kids respect then they won't have any.

jaim38

No, these kids were not justified in what they do. Bullying people just because they're different and weird is like bullying people because they have a different skin color, speak a different language, are gay or bisexual, or exhibit any other traits that the majority deemed unacceptable. Kids need to be taught to embrace differences.

lonelee1

yeah. i think i have no self esteem my thinking gets wrong.
i don't like bullying but it made sense in my case. and i think that statement shows how much i need to work on myself.