Building up tolerence to Seroquel??

It's inevitable to build up a tolerence to benzos however is it possible to build up tolerence to an anti psychotic or an anti depressent??

I know lots of people including me who have built up a tolerence to benzos depending on the dosage ( for me 15mg of Diazepam doesn't work but 20mg does).

I've been taking Seroquel for 2 weeks. I started at a low dose 25mg to 75mg but I've been experimenting a bit.
For example the oher day I took 200mg of Seroquel, the next day I took 500mg & the next day I took 50mg.

When I first taking this medication it was sedating. Apparently Seroquel is more sedating at lower doses than higher doses. So that explains why now I'm talking between 200mg to 600mg a day I don't feel sedated.

But the question is if I go down to 25mg or 50mg will I feel sedated or have I built up a tolerance?? Is it possible to undo the tolerence?? Do you build up tolerence to benzos only or other medications too??

GraybeardGhost

These are questions you should ask your doctor. I don't believe anyone here is qualified to answer them. However, I will point out the following: first, two weeks isn't very long when acclimating to a new drug, and second, going from 25-75mg up to 200mg or more seems like a hell of a jump, especially when you've only been on the stuff such a short while. These things take time to work. Talk to your doctor, and when you do, get him (or her) to prescribe some patience to go along with the Seroquel. You're going to need it.

These are questions you should ask your doctor. I don't believe anyone here is qualified to answer them. However, I will point out the following: first, two weeks isn't very long when acclimating to a new drug, and second, going from 25-75mg up to 200mg or more seems like a hell of a jump, especially when you've only been on the stuff such a short while. These things take time to work. Talk to your doctor, and when you do, get him (or her) to prescribe some patience to go along with the Seroquel. You're going to need it.

Well actually it's my psychiatrist who told me to start at 100mg for 3 days then 150mg for another 3 days & then 200mg,etc. So it seems my psy wants me to start at a highish dose. But after taking a 25mg pill on my first day it made me sedated so I decided to start on a low dose so I won't build up tolerence. But it stopped working hence why I increased my dose & experminted a bit. If I stop taking Seroquel for a week would my tolerence go down?? Then if I was to take 25mg I'd feel sedated?? I won't be able to see a doctor cause I'm moving to another town & my psy has gone on vacation for 6 weeks