Braces and Iontophoresis

Ariana

Hi,

I'm planning on making a homemade ionto device and while consulting with my family they asked me if it would be safe since i have braces. Well i tired to search online and found that one website said it was okay while another one said it wasn't. So i was wondering if any of you guys wear braces and have also done Ionto treatment. Is it safe? (i feel dumb for asking but my family will not let me continue until they know for sure that it is safe)

Last edited:

Sprawling

Just be sure not to hook up the positive an negative leads to your teeth. I can't imagine how ionto can have an effect upon the braces.

Englishman

On the DVD which came with my iontopheresis machine, it instructed to remove all jewellery from the neck down, braces should be fine as the current doesn't travel through the whole body. (I think!)

Ariana

Yeah i dont think the current travels through the whole body so I think it is safe enough, but my family thinks im trying to electrocute myself! I wonder if i may be the first to do ionto treatment with braces (i doubt it but i havent heard of anyone else with braces and doing ionto). Have any of you have/had braces and done ionto treatment?

Sprawling

The current does travel throughout your body. I use ionto to control hand sweating and pain from fibromyalgia. Unless by nature your teeth are highly sensitive, I truly doubt you will have a problem. Maybe you can ask a dermatologist who is familiar with ionto treatment?

Ariana

I posted yesterday on this thread and i linked the website which said that you shouldn't use ionto if you have braces and when i clicked "post quick reply" it says that the moderator needed to approve it. Sorry i am new to this site so i don't know where that post went and why it hasn't been approved yet. Is it because i linked another website? Anyways i agree with you Sprawling i don't think it will be a problem. I am going to ask a dermatologist though just to put my families minds at ease.

hoplaba

Current flows trough shortest and easiest way of your body. If you put one hand on positive and other hand on negative pole it will flow trough shortest and less rezistive part of your body. And that would be from one hand-trough upper chest- down to other hand. It would only flow trough your head if you put one of poles on your head. So don't worry, its safe. One of my tooth is replaced with titanium screw root and I never had any problems with it.