Botox - hands too dry

Stuckwithme

Botox has worked good for me. First time I did it on my hands it lasted for 1 year and a couple of months. Now I have done it the second time and I have a reverse problem...my hands are too dry! Sometimes I almost wish I would sweat again. It's more annoying than one would think. They are so dry that they turn white and like sand paper. I wish Botox would allow for some moisture to come through. I was holding my mobile phone the other day talking to a guy and gesturing with my hands and the phone flew right out of my hand. I couldn't even hold on to it.

It's not even human.

Sprawling

The dryness beats the sweating any day. Easy enough to moisturize, a pain and/or time consuming task to get dry.

batuska

I guess the laws of Thermodynamics same here too. It's easier to heat something than cooling it down. I suppose it's easier to use lotion than getting the sweat evaporate. :) I wish they had a magic drying lotion.

Brightinfinity

Exactly! I notice that normal people's hands actually do sweat a little, which is just enough for them to grip things easily. But with us it's either way too wet or way too dry - no middle ground. :(
But yeah, lotion should work.

Stuckwithme

I use lotion, but I dont like the feeling of having lotion on your hands plus the lotion goes away quickly. I just dont like being this dry in the hands. I wish there was a way to regulate Botox so that it would let through some sweating so at least you can grip things. I mean it makes driving deadly because the driving wheel slips out of your hand!!

But I guess you guys are right, rather dry than sweating like crazy.

TheBigSweat

I tried botox and still sweat though my hands, just slightly less. My guess is you did not have hyperhidrosis in the first place.