Bittersweet all of this here, such as life......

redmatter

It's crazy, I can't find anybody to connect with in the world - but here, online... a whole group of people that seem to get what you're saying. I wonder how to know you people, lol. Would we gel in the real world?

I wonder

Blabla..

If you knew how the people out there really feel , how many anxious , shy and phobic people , but here people admitted to themselves what is really going on and people are talking about it openly , people in the outside world will hesitate before being open about it in fear of being rejected .

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

I knew people 'in the real world' who were shy and anxious in social situations.
People who had problems, people who were misunderstood.
I don't really 'gel' with anyone in person though.

Online seems to be completely different... maybe because it's like talking to someone without a physical body? I'm scared of that part of a person.
No matter how beautiful their soul is or how kind they are, I can't get past the fact that I was physically abused so much-- and anyone can snap and decide to abuse me.
I'm dealing with that every day but still feel no closer to being somewhat comfortable around people than I was years ago.

I know what you mean about being here, though.
It's a whole community of people who 'get it' and that is a wonderful, comforting feeling. 'You're not the only one- we all feel this pain' type of feeling.

Kiwong

I reckon I would have problems gelling with people in the real world even forum denizens from here.

Communication on here is somehow easier. In the real world I find human interaction even with the best of intentions to be a minefield of misunderstanding.

My father was someone I trusted, but I used to argue all the time with him. Some people who are less senstive could probably handle the unpredictability and inconsistency of human interactions, but not me, it leaves me feeling fatigued.