Birthday Blues

singing-love

The dreaded day has finally arrived, it is my birthday. :eek:mg:
I don't know why really but i have always hated this day, it is just awkward and annoying, i was really hoping i wouldn't have one this year, but alas here it is. Does anyone else really dislike their birthday? Maybe it is just me everyone around me gets so excited about them but it is just a day of everyone pretending to be nice and suffering through awkward conversations!
Sorry, rant over.

SmileMore

Happy Birthday!

I know what you mean though. I also find things like Birthdays really uncomfortable.

ImNotMyIllness

I use too (HATE IT). But, the "newer" me is working on appreciating that day. Start improving yourself and then each birthday will be a day to celebrate your year of growth.

Steiner

Yup happy b-day love. Yeah it is pretty awkward and feels bad usually. I don't sing on my birthday. Everyone just gets a donut and then leaves.

planemo

Happy Birthday.

I had mines on Saturday.

Since it's only me and my immediate family these days, birthdays aren't awkward anymore for me, fortunately. I can understand why you don't look forward to it since in the past i didn't either. i just didn't like the attention, even if it was good attention.