Biofeedback? Have you tried it?

cm123

Has anyone tried biofeedback in an attempt to cure their HH?

In the past I had seen articles about Biofeedback used for treating HH and while the results were positive little has been done in regards to further studies. Today however I met a lady who had Palmer and Planter HH and told me she was cured 19 years ago using Biofeedback and has been fine since.

This caused me to look into Biofeedback which is covered by some insurance companies. Sadly, it is not covered by mine but I still might give it go. Lets face it, I am desperate.

Ten adult male patients suffering from hyperhidrosis were managed with biofeedback assisted relaxation (BAR) regimen using skin conductivity. Six of them showed significant improvement, 2 showed minimal to moderate improvement, whereas no improvement was observed in the remaining 2 cases. Mean values of skin conductivity showed a range of 1.29 to 6.79 mho units before biofeedback session with reduction in these values to the range of 0.53 to 1.64 mho units after therapy in 6 patients showing good response. The grades of clinical improvement correlated well with corresponding reduction in skin conductivity in all the cases.

Biofeedback assisted relaxation (bar) in management of hyperhidrosis : A preliminary study Singh G, Singh G - Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol

Additional Study:

Use of biofeedback in treating chronic hyperhidros... [Br J Dermatol. 1980] - PubMed result

So has anyone tried it? What were your results?

Jezza

Has anyone tried biofeedback in an attempt to cure their HH?

In the past I had seen articles about Biofeedback used for treating HH and while the results were positive little has been done in regards to further studies. Today however I met a lady who had Palmer and Planter HH and told me she was cured 19 years ago using Biofeedback and has been fine since.

This caused me to look into Biofeedback which is covered by some insurance companies. Sadly, it is not covered by mine but I still might give it go. Lets face it, I am desperate.

Biofeedback assisted relaxation (bar) in management of hyperhidrosis : A preliminary study Singh G, Singh G - Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol

Additional Study:

Use of biofeedback in treating chronic hyperhidros... [Br J Dermatol. 1980] - PubMed result

So has anyone tried it? What were your results?

I haven't tried it. Cynical as I am I still did however once go to a qualified doc who had switched his practise into an alternative medicine practise. There was some machine that I had to hold or he held to my head and it gave some value, I don't really know what it was...When I went there the 3rd time he told me I had do keep some coin taped to my belly...

So I walked out of there and never went back.

I know biofeedback is a method with some supporters in the medical world, but personally I don't think we can win the war with it. Also; I can't help thinking sometimes people who say they have had HH years ago but don't have it now, really didn't have it. For all kinds of reasons people just want to relate to you, make you feel better, or want to have struggled with some kind of issue themselves for some reason so they say things like this...Of course it'd be a slap in the face to someone who actually did have hh and somehow got rid of it but then why are we still sweating?

I don't know maybe I'm being to negative...

Last edited:

Sprawling

For the common person I highly doubt biofeedback can eliminate HH. If you are one of the few highly evolved that have the ability to achieve and maintain certain states of mind... power to you. Rarely, if at all have I read of a single confirmed person on theses boards past and/or present who have a achieved long termed success with biofeedback, acupuncture and the latest snake oil MLM product that cures HH. I'm sure cures exist, and I believe anything is possible. The best of luck to those who are willing to try.

cm123

After $175 for one visit. I think you all might just have been right. Oh well, I had to try. It seems all Biofeedback can offer is a calm mind.

Sprawling

Lots of things (drugs) are unhealthy, yet helpful. It's up for each of us to determine what we are willing to risk.