benefits of being single?

alex29

people who are not in relationships often list all the benefits of being single. these usually include being free to go on dates with many people, free to go out whenever he/she wants, no commitment, more time for partying, etc etc etc

but none of these apply to me! I dont get asked out, I dont have the confidence to ask someone out, I dont go out often as it is and I hate parties, and I want commitment because its the only way I would open up to someone about my anxiety.

I think if I had a boyfriend he would want to be with me, and we could do fun things together. Id have someone to try new things with, to get me out of the house.

the only guy I can see myself with is hundreds of miles away :( but I dont think Im alone on this....so what are some good things we can look forward to b/c we are single?

Infected_Malignity

If you really don't enjoy being single, you really just don't enjoy being single. That's the cold truth of the matter. It sucks, but there's also hope. If you want to badly enough, you have all the power in the world to change your relationship status, believe it or not. Just stretch your imagination. It can start right here, in your own town. Get out and meet people! What've you got to lose? Fall in love!!

Yeah... there's difficulties along the way, blah blah blah. That's life for ya. But why keep trying to convince yourself you're happy... if you're NOT?

RedRibbons

lol number1 you're hilarious with your 'sex' business. serious. so blunt about it.

I have a problem where I am getting crushes on like everyone! I find so many men attractive, and even some women. It's frustrating, I just freakin' fantasize for half the day, about having these weird relationships with people who I doubt I would ever have a relationship with. It's mostly sexual.

I need a boyfriend so that I'll stop fantasizing about all these random people that, in reality, I don't (or at least umm don't think I would) want to be with.

Being single is fine, when you want to be alone, but when you want to share time with someone, talking, cuddling, sexing... lol, it's not fine. :?

InDeepshit

yeah plenty of benefits from being single.
ok- not needing to spend your time with someone all the time (that can get old), no valentines presents (benefit for guys), we can flirt and check out EVERYONE we find attractive, and you wouldn't miss out on relationships because a stable relationship would form from a friendship first anyway, unless you believe in traditions such as arranged marriages and how they work... BUT flirting and forming friendships will help out in gaining a relationship in the end so it's win-win! c:

Primrose

The benefits:

Being able to go where you, when you want... without having to consult someone else.
Having more money to spend on yourself.
Not having to stress about where your partner is and wondering why they haven't called.
Being able to focus on your career without worrying about leaving someone else behind.
Not having to share a bed with someone who snores.
Not having to endure parents in law.
The joy of not having endless arguments.
Not having to buy ridiculously over priced valentines presents.

flchick81

Yeah being sinle isnt that bad, gives you time to find out who you really are and what your looking for. Or at least that's what Ive figured out, plus I guess some of the positive perks are getting to do what you want when you want. But then again being single can be quite lonely, and no I'm not just talking about sex.. haha. It's just nice when you have someone that actually cares I guess.

HH

I've had 28 years to figure out who I really am-I think that's enough time :D I'm tired of being a lonely single facial blushing, excessive sweating, shy, social inept, big nosed freak of nature, if I don't get some poontang soon I swear I'm going to do something drastic (like start watching chick flicks or something).

Seriously, I've had enough though, today was shit with all the love talk on the radio about fucking valentines day and the love hearts in the gym and in the supermarket and love talk in the office, god- talk about making me feel like crap. Yeah okay, there are quite a few good points about being single but there comes a time when you just think-I want someone. It seems all the half decent females are now taken-got boyfriends or married, now I'm getting near 30. I'm not even that bothered about having sex any more, just to have someone who understands and can share good times with, basically someone who loves me. Sorry, I had to get all that off my chest.

ljwwriter

I've only ever been single so I don't have a clue as to how the benefits compare to being in a relationship. I will say that I'm tired of being single, however. But in all honesty it's a reality I see stretching far into the future with the all the obstacles in my romantic path.

jamez

I've thought about it and being single ain't that bad, being a loner is worse though. We need to interact with each other and feel like we belong, without it we sort of become a lil crazy, not that there's anything wrong with being crazy. Something worse than crazy would be normal.

For me, I've had a few crushes in the last year or so, or most of em ended up being already in a r'ship so yea that sucks but yer there were some other opportunities that I didn't take. So yea...being single is fine if you have a lot of friend or a few really good close friends, which I don't have so it kinda sucks for me ATM.

jellybean

when your single you can invest all your time in yourself, Im working really hard now tryin to be the best person I can be. I am looking forward though to meeting someone and having someone I trust in my life. Nice to have a cuddle every now and then too 8O it is loney especially if your not making use of the time doing things but it also gives you an opportunity to find find happiness in yourself