Being Responsible for Other People's Entertainment

Yeah definitely. I've noticed I really over-analyze things like that a lot if it's with people I don't know very well, mostly because I'm afraid that they'll make fun of my selections. It doesn't help that i'm into a lot of weird movies, music, places to go...lol It helps to just be totally forward about things. Just be like "hey, mom, are you into this at all? cause if not we could watch something else." That way you're putting it out there first and not waiting for a negative reaction, which will only make your anxiety worse.

reslo

yeah, i'm completely indecisive when it comes to movies and things like that. I do recognize though that even outgoing people get tired of making all the decisions, so I'll try to think real hard for stuff- like go to the park, the mall, coffee, restaurant, etc. I usually let others make the decision. I get nervous with playing music (like in the car) so I usually just say turn on whatever you want, or i'll just turn it to some popular music radio station... or just keep it off.
I try to remind myself that the people i hang around with aren't selfish egomaniacs- they don't actually want me to just do everything they want to do and have me be bored. So i try to give input when people ask... but yeah there's a lot of "idunno what you do want to do?" "idunno- what do you want to do?"
i'm not sure what the precentage is, but hanging out with people, there's usually a chunk of time spent figuring out what to do...
having sa it's hard to want to do anything! when people ask me what i want to do... there's the real answer- something depressed, and there's the superficial answer "Let's go get ice cream." my friends usually end up doing pretty much the same things...

And sometimes with things, I really don't care- Sometimes you just have to make up a preference.

oh yeah, and i have a very hard time myself inviting people to go and do things- because i have no clue what to do and i know that i can be incredibly boring- so i usually get scared to ask people to go and do stuff- i feel bad like im wasting their time.

Last edited:
Yes, when my fiance' give me the remote to the televison I literally have no idea what to do..I end up flipping and giving it back to him lol. I actually let him hog the remote. Music I dont have a problem with listening too with other people.
Like maybe here and there Im afraid the person wont like what I end up picking, resturants, movies whatever.

Anomaly

Occasionally. I figure that if people are willing to spend (waste?) time with me, I had better entertain them and make their time useful. They could just as easily do something else.