being able to count howmany words you said in a day

xtina_fan81

Does anyone else do this? Maybe not a whole day cause that wld consist of being around my family at some point and I don't have SA around them, but when I meet up with friends or am In a social situation..I think afterwards about how many words I said throughout the whole thing. Or well j think about the fact that I cAN probably do that..maybe count word one one hand even! And when you think how freely other people talk..they would never think about that. It just makes the whole talking thing so UNNATURAL and overthought. i just know i could physically count them and i dont just talk freely like everyone else not thinking anything of it, really frustrates me after a situation. I just wondered if anyone else thinks about this since I often do.

garry29

Does anyone else do this? Maybe not a whole day cause that wld consist of being around my family at some point and I don't have SA around them, but when I meet up with friends or am In a social situation..I think afterwards about how many words I said throughout the whole thing. Or well j think about the fact that I cAN probably do that..maybe count word one one hand even! And when you think how freely other people talk..they would never think about that. It just makes the whole talking thing so UNNATURAL and overthought. i just know i could physically count them and i dont just talk freely like everyone else not thinking anything of it, really frustrates me after a situation. I just wondered if anyone else thinks about this since I often do.

Nope, lol. I did have an obsession of following the outline of objects over and over like the TV set while I'm watching it but I stopped doing it so much now. I also have a habit of writing random words in my head which I find really tedious but i have to finish writing the word otherwise I fear it will bug me if I don't. I think it's kind of similar to what you described. Traits of OCD and Asperger's syndrome some may say.

lunarla

I could probably do that for the days where I'm just lounging around my house. But I don't really pay attention to it. Sometimes I count the syllables of things in my head though. That can get annoying.