being a Facilitator

El.Sonador

I signed up for some inter cultural meetings at my school and someone suggested that I should be in those meetings not just as a student like the other students in the class but as a Facilitator..of course I will have to be trained for a week or two before I start those meetings ...

when I looked up the word 'Facilitator' I found :

===============

A facilitator is someone who helps a group of people understand their common objectives and assists them to plan to achieve them without taking a particular position in the discussion. The facilitator will try to assist the group in achieving a consensus on any disagreements that preexist or emerge in the meeting so that it has a strong basis for future action

The basic skills of a facilitator are about following good meeting practices: timekeeping, following an agreed-upon agenda, and keeping a clear record. The higher-order skills involve watching the group and its individuals in light of group dynamics. In addition, facilitators also need a variety of listening skills including ability to paraphrase; stack a conversation; draw people out; balance participation; and make space for more reticent group members.

===========

Well, as scary as that may seem for someone like me who have problems just talking to a friend , in a moment of bravery I signed up for it..and now I want to bail out but I don't want to let down some of the teachers who wanted me there ..I'm just gonna do it and see what happens ... I hope I don't make a fool of myself ...

but to be positive , maybe this thing will make me build more confidence and be more relaxed in social situations .. who knows ?

wish me luck guys....

El.Sonador

thank you for the support ..

we will start on 20th June and finish by the end of July...and we have more than 15 meetings in this period.. I hope all goes well..I will tell you how that goes in the next days to come..