Beating Hyperhidrosis on your own.

Mr_Drips

I've been thinking alot lately about this condition and how it affects my life. I've tried drysol, avert, sage tea, and was considering botox and ionto, but the thought of needles in my hand, and shocking myself didn't appeal to me.

I'm starting to think this is a mental thing that I have to beat myself. What I mean is, if all else fails and theres nothing to cure me, I have to get over the fact that they are sweaty. I should stop caring what other people think, and maybe that way, I can find some peace. It's obviously really hard to do that, due to all the embarassing situations, but I'm starting to get frustrated with the way it is controlling my life, and I'm just thinking of saying **** it, who cares...touch everything with sweaty hands, and don't feel embarassed at all. Perhaps if I do this, it will even cut down my sweating a bit. Is this even possible?

I think this condition makes us almost too concerned about the sweating, and thats where the true disorder in us lies. It's that we obsess over it, when really, no one even cares.

Last edited:

Uber Schnitzel

I am and have been starting to really accept this condition lately. Although the glycopyrrolate tablets and prescription antiperspirants are sweet relief, sometimes the very ritual of going through all this just to be almost normal is enough to drag you down, let alone the condition itself. For example I always thought about the girl I would end up with would be one that would never discover my condition (sounds impossible I know but you'd be surprised at just how good you can get at covering this up) but now I'm in the frame of mind that I'll find a girl who'll know it all and accept it as I do and I've been daydreaming/too stubborn in the past to think it could be any different. On the theme of accepting things it never felt fair that other people can be like this without all the hassle - to touch things and people without having to take this stuff or "electocute" their hands for half an hour a day and it has (and I'll admit, on days when everything gets on top of me it still does) make me jealous and angry. But, as I say, I'm learning to come to terms with the fact that this is just the ways things are. The only regret I have is not being in this frame of mind earlier, though I also know that I just wasn't ready until now. I think it's also important to not let this condition define you completely which it can very easily...if you let it. ;)

A little off the point but it's just what was on my mind