BDD - body dysmorphci disorder

Waybuloo

Hey,

I feel like i'm the only one here who's got body dysmorphic disorder real bad, and becos of that i feel an additional barrier to you guys. I feel inferior somehow.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone here with BDD i can talk to?

Chilling__Echo

yeah, this isn't some club that you have to suffer from only SA to get in. we're not here to give you funny looks or to judge you. SA and BDD are closely related anyway, they both have aspects of public humiliation. but even if it were completely different, we'd still have ya anyway :p

Nie

No, I have it too..

But there are pics of you in the photo album.
Which look nice to me. ^-^?
You are never inferior.
I would never dare to put my pic there.
So, I'm more inferior than you ;)
It means you are superior. :p

Dave109

I have BDD, it pretty much rules my life. I sometimes think if I didn't have it, I wouldn't have SP. But yes, don't feel inferior, SP and BDD is very common. :wink:

Septor

I have bdd a little bit to.Use to be worse when i was younger.I still don't like showing my picture online.What a mix sa and bdd.

There are a lot more cases of bdd out there but its so underreported. :cry:

Reholla

hmmm thats pretty insensitive (post above mine^^^)

seeing as how we're talking about BODY DiSmorphic!!
ya, lets bring attention to someones looks even more. (sarcasm)

easy

If obsessing about my ears, nose, neck, head, body, fingers, acne/skin and eh... well I guess that's about it, means I have BDD, I have it! (Not all at the same time though, I have fases) And I'm not even female. :)

I no longer have it though, at least it's getting better every day. I think it's very important that you don't focus on the problem ('I have BDD... I'm such an idiot for having this! etc.) but on the solution ('How can I accept my body as it is, and love myself unconditionally?'). There's a big difference.

You can't be inferior to anyone. Some people judge people's worth on money, others on looks, and others on intellect or knowledge or even skill at a certain sport. So your self worth does not really depend on anything, unless you think it does! It's all arbitrary. One person might think you are inferior to him, while another could have great respect for you, or even admire you. Don't rely on the opinion of others.

You could be ugly (not saying anyone is), and still be happy and make other people happy. And where do you guys see pictures of OP?

*edit: I just went through some pictures in the album. I think some girls looked astonishingly pretty (i hope thats a word), while my standards are way too high.

JWH

I don't know if I was BDD I think it's safe to say I was legitimately ugly a over a year ago at 113kg and I couldn't even bear to look at myself in the mirror for fear of finding all the flaws. I basically ignored the fact that I was obese, but hated myself all the same not really accepting it.

37kg lost and I'm at a healthy weight but I still don't take good photos because my face is too short (hence it shows off my double chin). Also I store a lot of fat on my upper body in complete contrast to my lower body. So, rolls and back fat I have and always will have. No fun.

Anyway, realistically, I try not to fuss about this too much and get on with life. Solving weight issues etc. can help, but other than that you really have to work on your personality to overcome it. For example, I tend to be a very negative, avoidant type so I have still had no one ask me out while I have had family and friends say that I am attractive. Whereas I see plenty of happy people in relationships. Not all gorgeous either.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also tend to berate myself and my work so that when I do get something right or I am complimented, I feel like it's been such an achievement.

jojosparkles

i dunno if i have BDD but my looks rule my life and i do have an eating disorder.

i avoid mirrors alot of the time or i get obsessed and check how i look in anythin reflective. i am extremely articulate about my apearence and will not let anyone see me if i feel mingin. im a bit like the beast out of beauty and the beast. i will hide. i am so self conscious about everything. it is very much an obsession.

i feel huge all of the time. really huge. i wear my pjs cos they r baggy so i dont feel as fat. my make up and hair have to b perfect and so does my nails, skin and clothes. i am not vain...this is a chore to me and the way i look rules my life.

at the moment i hate my appearence. i am generally unhappy but i loathe it.

xxx

Waybuloo

jojosparkles said:
i dunno if i have BDD but my looks rule my life and i do have an eating disorder.

i avoid mirrors alot of the time or i get obsessed and check how i look in anythin reflective. i am extremely articulate about my apearence and will not let anyone see me if i feel mingin. im a bit like the beast out of beauty and the beast. i will hide. i am so self conscious about everything. it is very much an obsession.

i feel huge all of the time. really huge. i wear my pjs cos they r baggy so i dont feel as fat. my make up and hair have to b perfect and so does my nails, skin and clothes. i am not vain...this is a chore to me and the way i look rules my life.

at the moment i hate my appearence. i am generally unhappy but i loathe it.

xxx

I understand how u feel and i think it sounds like u have BDD at least just a bit. I am obsessed with mirrors, i avoid them in public when others are around yet i check myself in anything reflective. My day begins with me lookin in the mirror, and the day is dictated by how i feel..whether i look acceptable, not on a whole but just in relation to a specific obsession of a thinig...ah im too embarassed to say.