bathroom help!!!!!

iamthenra

Does he think that he is constipated? Does he use laxatives at all? Doesn't sound like he does... Which is a good thing, because over use of laxatives cause the bowel to loose it's muscle, it makes the colon "mushy" and it looses it's peristalsis the wave like motion that moves fecal matter towards the rectum. There is a disorder called "pseudo constipation" where they think that they are constipated, but actually they are not at all. It's these types that feel that they have to have a bowel movement daily, and they insist on it. Actually obsess over it, and often times they force their body to do things it wasn't designed to do by using laxatives. If it is constipation, then push plenty of water in their diet, fiber like prunes or wheat bran, and exercise.

stephen

Would it help to set a timer? You could be generous like 15-30 mins but just say after that he has to call it done.

maj154

Does he think that he is constipated? Does he use laxatives at all? Doesn't sound like he does... Which is a good thing, because over use of laxatives cause the bowel to loose it's muscle, it makes the colon "mushy" and it looses it's peristalsis the wave like motion that moves fecal matter towards the rectum. There is a disorder called "pseudo constipation" where they think that they are constipated, but actually they are not at all. It's these types that feel that they have to have a bowel movement daily, and they insist on it. Actually obsess over it, and often times they force their body to do things it wasn't designed to do by using laxatives. If it is constipation, then push plenty of water in their diet, fiber like prunes or wheat bran, and exercise.

I don't think he is constipated, it's more his OCD causing the problem.

We would have to know what he is up to in the BR. People will use i have OCD as an excuse for anything.
He does use the excuse for EVERYTHING!!

Would it help to set a timer? You could be generous like 15-30 mins but just say after that he has to call it done.
I tried that for his shower time. He used to take more than 3 hours and now, he is kind of down to 30 min. Saying that, the problem is that if he doesn't have the time he wants, he will get stuck on the next thing he has to do. For example, he was in the shower for 30 min, his timmer went off but he didn't get out of the shower. I turned off the water and told him to get out. He did get out as he didn't have a choice but than, he didn't get dress as he felt dirty for hoursssss.