Bar Work

GemGem

HI

Has anyone with SA / SP ever worked in a nightclub/bar?

If so was/is it hard to cope with?

GemGem xx :)

Remus

Staff member
Yup I worked at a pub just donw the road for a few months and also worked at starbucks.

It was very oppressive and stressful, wouldn't go down that road again, its claustrophobic when it gets busy :S

GemGem

Hmm ok, i probs won't bother then. I need a another wkend job and have got interview for a host at comedy club mayb bar work. Back to the drawing board, lol.

:? :p

carebear

i alwaays wanted to work at a bar or club. in fact i am thinkjing about taking dj classes in new york. it is a 2 hr drive but its something i really want to do since music is my life.
anyone think this is a bad move..good move? 8O

btw..remus..loooove your icons. did you make them?
also, are you a fan of the group tortoise? it looks like the thing on one of their album covers.

Vincent

Banned
I worked in a bar for about three months as part of my self administered self therapy. In terms of reducing anxiety, Id say it had a net negative effect. In terms of motivating me to try and find a cure; a net positive experience.

Id recommend it. Stay in the painless dark and you'll never know the potential of otherwise.

Vincent

Remus

Staff member
carebear said:
btw..remus..loooove your icons. did you make them?
also, are you a fan of the group tortoise? it looks like the thing on one of their album cover

its off Pink Floyd The Wall, its the character pink in that film in the cartoon bits, worth watching the film, he has a breakdown in it and its actually all about Roger Waters in that band and when he cracked up and wrote a double albums worth of music about it, one of the best albums in histroy ever!!!!

Remus

Staff member
I think an old quiet "old mens" pub would be ok for stress levels, just one of these "pack em in till they die" pubs you get now are an anxiety nightmare.

British pubs tend to be an SAers nightmare as they are always chockablock with people and the new drinkling laws mean they are far too plastered for thier own good

Remus

Staff member
I have a freind with General anxiety disorder and she works at Ethel Austin and says its quite OK for stress levels

carebear

remus..do you look anything like your icon?...for some reason i can picture you sitting behind the computer with that look on your face...lol
:D

anywayz, anyone interested in planning a group outing somewhere? I will be travelling to the uk soon and would love to arrange a social phobia tour group or something...