banvard v lorraine manca

Lorraine Manca

i think you missed the show FOR REAL! I like to piss off know-it-alls, but alas i found out you arent bad as that mr. banvard. so i have no victims!

i think you missed the show FOR REAL! I like to piss off know-it-alls, but alas i found out you arent bad as that mr. banvard. so i have no victims!

I didn't think you were trying to piss me off. So no victim, and epic FAIL!::p: I thought we concluded our discussion amicably, both agreeing on some points. For Real, you are the bastion of chaos. If I wasn't an Atheist, I'd say you were the Devil. :p

Last edited:

Lorraine Manca

I didn't think you were trying to piss me off. ::p:

awesome, in an effort to keep up the theme of the thread, i believe that there is the sacred and the profane, which is a great way to stop a conversation cold.

the sacred being what binds everyone and everything together (truth)

and then the profane being like the vivid details of life, like brush strokes on a painting. (beauty)

cheesy right? like anybody wanted to know!

God for me would be both together like two sides of the same coin

Last edited:
Nope not cheesy - but I'll admit, I don't fully understand what you mean. I've wrote worse, so don't worry. Sacred as in Holy, and Profane as in disrespectful? Holy is not truth, and Profane can be beauty, a means to wake people up and to educate them. There's a saying I like "Understanding is a two edged sword - Your side, their side, and the truth." Truth is balanced by science, not the masses of "My minds made up, don't bother me with the facts." type of people.

Lorraine Manca

Nope not cheesy - but I'll admit, I don't fully understand what you mean. I've wrote worse, so don't worry. Sacred as in Holy, and Profane as in disrespectful? Holy is not truth, and Profane can be beauty, a means to wake people up and to educate them. There's a saying I like "Understanding is a two edged sword - Your side, their side, and the truth." Truth is balanced by science, not the masses of "My minds made up, don't bother me with the facts." type of people.

no, i never said anything about the profane being disrespectful. profane came to mean that as a sort of slang over time. thats not its original meaning. its true meaning is more like "ordinary" or simply "not sacred" like the hairs on your arm or aunts, anything. over time its come to mean something very specific to me

the sacred is what binds, the profane is what is bound.

how about you fella? hows the universe floating your boat?

My poetic view of the universe is of music. I imagine a great hall - the the universe - chairs are laid out in a whimsical manner, and people - conscious beings of the universe - occupy them. Each holds a certain instrument, no two the same. They play music with no conductor, but they play beautiful music to themselves, each a personal experience. What they don't realize is they can hear other peoples music more than their own, so they unconsciously sync with the person next to them, and so does the next person. In the end there's one piece of remarkable music, out of randomness, but each person does not understand this, so they look to something else to explain it, instead of crediting themselves.

Lorraine Manca

My poetic view of the universe is of music. I imagine a great hall - the the universe - chairs are laid out in a whimsical manner, and people - conscious beings of the universe - occupy them. Each holds a certain instrument, no two the same. They play music with no conductor, but they play beautiful music to themselves, each a personal experience. What they don't realize is they can hear other peoples music more than their own, so they unconsciously sync with the person next to them, and so does the next person. In the end there's one piece of remarkable music, out of randomness, but each person does not understand this, so they look to something else to explain it, instead of crediting themselves.

ironic enough! if you program a computer to plot random numbers, they will cluster around certain points. you can prove it yourself, by setting your music player on random. some songs will get played a ton and others not at all. its really impossible for there to be a "non pattern" then you look at the universe.. and holy ****! clusters! where it syncs up a bit like you said, only thats gravity. actually its probably a coincidence that its the same pattern i really dont know. you got an awesome vision though banvard

ironic enough! if you program a computer to plot random numbers, they will cluster around certain points. you can prove it yourself, by setting your music player on random. some songs will get played a ton and others not at all. its really impossible for there to be a "non pattern" then you look at the universe.. and holy ****! clusters! where it syncs up a bit like you said, only thats gravity. actually its probably a coincidence that its the same pattern i really dont know. you got an awesome vision though banvard

Thanks, I’m surprised you understood what I was saying, most of the time people are lost with what I talk about, I keep meaning to take some philosophical studies online – but my attention always wanes.

Sort of like Sod’s Law – If anything can go wrong, it will. Maybe the randomness of the universe happens within certain people and places, sort of linked in matter. Conjecture on my part.

It is like an artist who splashes a multitude of colours on to a canvas – he later displays it in an art gallery. People gather around it and marvel – it is the best piece in the gallery. Why is it so? Does it have pattern? Alternatively, do people see what they want to see, like a personal pattern? The truth is it has no pattern, but that does not stop people from seeing one. If all life on Earth was to suddenly disappear, who would say what a pattern was?

Last edited: